Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 650b tyres, what should i try next?
  • ceejay64
    Free Member

Hi , just about tine to get some new tyres, i fancy a change from the Bonty xr3’s that came with my Trek Fuel ex9. i ride natural rocky/rooty trail and the odd trail park. Also i want something to ride all year round as i can’t be bothered to change too often.
    Any suggestions ?
    Many thanks

gonetothehills
    Free Member

On One Smorgasbord work well for me. Cheap, easy tubeless mounting, good for most surfaces, though not fantastic in the wet…

parkesie
    Free Member

Maxis high roller 2 are my default do anything tyre atm

jmatlock
    Free Member

Parksie, is that front and rear? What compound?

Cheers

James

chakaping
    Free Member

DHR2 rear (60a) and HR2 front (3C) is a nice combination.

I found the 2.3 HR2 a bit skinny on the front though, so I’d want the 2.4in.

deadkenny
    Free Member

As always – Minion DHF front and HR2 rear. All year round.

fifeandy
    Free Member

What do you like/dislike about the xr3’s?
    Hard to recommend something when we don’t know what you like

mindmap3
    Free Member

Minion DHF up front and a Minion DHR II out back.

I hated the old DHR with a passion, but the new one is actually rather good.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have a DHF/HR2 combo currently. The WTB vigilante/trail boss I had previously were better in every way.

parkesie
    Free Member

Front and rear exo tubless ready. picked them up for £35 a tyre so not cheap but not bank breakers.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Shorty 2.5 3c front hr2 rear obvs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Butcher/Purgatory or Butcher/Slaughter.

julians
    Free Member

Currently running butcher control on the front and slaughter grid on the back. Works well,fast.rolling and grippy enough in most conditions except for claggy mud.

ceejay64
    Free Member

Anyone using a Ground control on the front?

jet26
    Free Member

Think Major Tom does?

ceejay64
    Free Member

🙂 🙂

lee170
    Free Member

Purgatory front and rear at the mo, fine in the wet and dry so far, live in the north east of England so had plenty of wet weather riding

parkesie
    Free Member

Used ground control on my 29er for ages fast and gripy. Rubish at mud though.

stevied
    Free Member

Liking an Aggressor on the front at the moment. Seems to work well in lots of conditions, might even go as far as to say it’s better than the DHF

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Perhaps try a XR4 front and keep the XR3 on the rear? XR4 grippier so may give more confidence.

Personally I’m a big Maxxis fan, as above DHF and HR2 always trustworthy, but I’m with Steve above, the new Aggressors have been faultless for me so far in gravel/ hardpack and general woodsy stuff.

wiggles
    Free Member

Butcher/purgatory

£70 for the pair in grid casing, can’t go wrong

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘650b tyres, what should i try next?’ is closed to new replies.