Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 64 bcd "chain-keeper" ring (up to maybe 36t) – does it exist ??
  • scaredypants

If I want to run a single chainring at the front (on a triple chainset) it seems to me that the easiest way to keep the chain on would be a giant granny ring that’s bigger than the middle ring, working in conjunction with the big ring/bashguard on the other side

Could there be such a thing ??
    (quick googleage seems to offer an e13 thing, but it’s quite small)

tomhoward

There was one in the classifieds the other day, I forget the name though! But they do exist.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Things really do just go full circle …..

Mrp made this in the mid 90s 😉 only it attached to the spider too rather than granny tabs for weight reasons

Without something to stop it jumping over the places ( like rollers) then the chain will come off on rough stuff

scaredypants

thanks TomH

t_r – you really think so ? – I’ve never had much trouble with a jump-stop (which is plan B)

nick1962
    Free Member

Like this

From here.Mine’s a 32 tooth though.
    http://www.bbgbashguard.com/

russjp
    Free Member

I use the BBG version, got it from them in the states inc postage £11. On the whole it has been great but chain has jumped over the top on three occasions when really cranking a rough fast rooty descent. I need a new chainring so will possible drop down to a 30t which may hold chain lower in the plates which may help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘64 bcd "chain-keeper" ring (up to maybe 36t) – does it exist ??’ is closed to new replies.