Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 950 total)
  • 6 nations thread, let the arguments commence
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member

Bloomin’ potential Grand Slam decider game and i’m gonna miss it!

MsD’s 40th birthday so i’ve booked a weekend in a lovely little pub up in Eskdale.

There’s a telly in the pub surely?

anagallis_arvensis

If it were possible after only two matches to recognise a theme running through this year’s six nations, it is undoubtedly The Imperial March from Star Wars – the one that appears in the films whenever the Death Star appears and gears up to obliterate a planet, or whenever Darth Vader emerges from his masturbation disco ball for a spot of after-lunch cruelty to animals, but particularly when the innumerable massive forces of the evil empire are mobilising to crush all before them like the Doctor Martens of God descending through the clouds to stamp on helpless ants. It may have been masked somewhat by the obvious sound of “Swing Low”, but to the keen observer – it is very much there, and it heralds a great disturbance in the Force.

Since the dark days of 2003 there have been some fun times. Two Grand-Slams, thanks very much; including sporting a debutant centre like an impractical but novel handbag, and an away win at the Cabbage Patch requiring only ten minutes’ work. Brian Moore spontaneously combusting at inept downtown aimless kicking against the Italians. Mr Johnson bursting veins at Danny Care’s witless over-exuberance. Our eastern cousins were rapidly earning the label “Mostly Harmless” and the world healed over them with barely a visible scar to remind us of the dark ages.

And yet here we are again. Somehow in the space of a few months, a benign collection of plodders has managed to build a new Death Star, and guess what – the mother looks to be fully operational. Suddenly the level of post-match debate has descended to risk analysis of swallow dives and there’s talk in broad daylight, in the open, without fear of sectioning and as if the last 8 years hasn’t happened, of Grandslams, and worst of all, World Cups “coming home”. In these moments, the Imperial March swells to become the only sound in the entire universe.

So, once more, the world looks with the trembling outstretched hand of hope towards France. The fate of us all rests in the hands of 15 Han Solos; amiable folk who can pull off ridiculous stuff when they’re in the mood, but who unfortunately have a track record of motivational issues when the heat is on.

Come on then, France. You buy up all our best players, you have restaurants that close for lunch, you retire at 62 (and we all know how you bleated about that), and your popular music still has accordion solos. But this Saturday, you’ve got the big chance to blow up the shield generator so the Irish and the Scots can have a full-on tilt at the main reactor and put and end to this nonsense once and for all. We’ll be the Ewoks, pissed up on the sidelines throwing rocks and trying to be useful. Hope to join you for the fireworks party afterwards where you can get off with that incest bird with the headphones. Bonne chance, nos amis, bonne chance.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

😆 😆

Very good – where was that from?

anagallis_arvensis
    molgrips
    Free Member

Loled at that – very good 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

Scots team has seen a bit a a shake up. Can’t say I am too surprised about Parks.

Pigface
    Free Member

AA I really owe you one, I thought the Gwlad rugby site had died years ago. Got one of the original 32-31 t shirts with all the quotes on it from them the day after Wembley. Many thanks 🙂

Stuey01
    Free Member

Rugby tomorrow…
    I’ve got tickets to England v France…

Happy days. 😀

COMEONENGLAND!!!

DaRC_L

Just remember Stuey the shocking news from Mr Lievremont that the rest of the world hates the English and only want to see us beaten on the rugby pitch.
    🙄 Like we didn’t know that….

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You can shove yer flaming chariots up yer arse
    You can shove yer flaming chariots up yer arse
    You can shove yer flaming chariots
    Shove yer flaming chariots
    Shove yer flaming chariots up yer arse

to the tune of ” she’ll be coming round the mountain”

I was getting a bit bored of schadenfreude but a couple of good wins, an arrogant get or two and the desire to see England beaten returns 🙂

As for the Scots – we shall see. So far a huge disappointment but Beattie is back and raring to go and Lamont has shown a bit of passion, parks has been dropped so never say never. Not looking forward to a visit to the cabbage patch tho.

England France should be a mighty game – I hope for a real spectacle.

Pigface
    Free Member

Some brutal stuff in RB11 😀 they usually put more fiticuffs in.

Off topic but did anyone see the Islanders Pegnguins chaos in the NHL a few weeks ago, worth youtubing as it is beyond belief.

Pigface
    Free Member

Anybody hear Will (mummys here) Greenwood on 5 live this morning, dear god what was he blathering on about. The blueprint how Englnad off the back of a few wins are going to win the World Cup.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, IIRC, you aren’t Scottish….. 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Everyone ready then?

If I start drinking about now, I should be perfectly preserved by kick-off….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nicely pickled….!

Am off to stay wih friends for the weekend, so will be offline. PLease feel free to berate me for Wales losing later on…. 😕

anagallis_arvensis

the English hype machine is in overdrive, just wait till the Wales game is on more of the build up will be about the england game, then at halft time Inverdale will say something along the lines of “now lets talk about england” blah blah blah….

Stoner
    Free Member

ah diddums.

Now let’s see, who has a chance of a grand slam…

Scotland
    Wales
    Ireland
    Italy

France
    England

😉 😛

ton

i think england will get beat by a narrow margin.

IdleJon

then at halft time Inverdale will say something along the lines of “now lets talk about england” blah blah blah….

I start ranting at the TV if I watch the half time idiots.

Bimbo with mike: So Colin Charvis, ex Welsh captain, what are your thoughts on the English backrow today. What do you think about Flood?

Charvis: Errrrrr, why not ask me how BOTH backrows are playing? There are TWO teams on the pitch not just England……..

I wish that’s what would happen, but of course Charvis (or whichever ‘expert’ is there) would lose his job…..

IdleJon

Stoner – Member
    ah diddums.

Now let’s see, who has a chance of a grand slam…

You need to think about winning the competition before talking about grand slams, and in terms of winning the 6N there are more than two teams in the running.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

TJ, IIRC, you aren’t Scottish…..

Been a Scotland supporter since the mid 70s. One hardly chooses to be a Scotland supporter for the glory does one? Its all about whats in your heart 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ that doesn’t answer the question. Still think Cueto is pants?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yup. He ain’t quick enough – on his feet or between the ears. Ashton looks like a real killer winger.

What happened to Strettle? He looked the part.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Flashy’s only welsh by choice anyway. He’d be far more suited to the collars-up, down-gilet shandy drinking crowd at Twickers.

Pigface
    Free Member

He is quicker than Tindall 🙂 and your still not a Jock 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Says the Paddy from Brissle 😀

namastebuzz
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

What happened to Strettle? He looked the part.

He’s in the Elite Squad – next in line if one of the others went down probably.

Anyway, it seems as if England are gonna win today, then the Grand Slam and then the RWC.

(If you read the press.)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If I was a glory hunter I would be supporting England. However who you support in any sport is an affair of the heart not the head.

Can we have Strettle if you don’t want him?

IdleJon

Can we have Strettle if you don’t want him?

Don’t start that again, TJ. 🙂 I was watching Cipriani play for the Rebels last week – he was, to be completely frank, a hindrance to them. Iirc you were wishing that he was Scottish – you don’t want him!

Actually thinking about, start asking to borrow ALL of the English team and you’ll jinx them as well…………

Pigface
    Free Member

May be TJ should stand for Temporary Jock

anagallis_arvensis

Cipriani inspired the Rebels to victory this week however!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Says the Paddy from who lives in Brissle

FTFY

😆

Anyway…RACIST!! 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Inverdale: “Bonjour! Ca va?!”

French changingroom-wallah: “Allez les bleues!”

Inverdale: *nervous giggle, no idea what they just said*

🙄

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Idlejohn – have you seen the scottish backs? Jam packed full of world class talent 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

Oh that is going to really upset the Pink-shirted pimlico prancer 🙂

IdleJon

TandemJeremy – Member
    Idlejohn – have you seen the scottish backs? Jam packed full of world class talent

As alway!! 😆 No sorry, that smileys nowhere near smug enough. (Being typed with no knowledge of the Rome result………..)

donsimon
    Free Member

Classy! (everything’s relative).

allthepies
    Free Member

🙂

ton

good job bergamasco has 2 left feet eh?

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 950 total)

The topic ‘6 nations thread, let the arguments commence’ is closed to new replies.