Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 950 total)
  • 6 nations thread, let the arguments commence
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Phew that was close 😯 I swear they will give me a heart attack watching them.

anagallis_arvensis

Tried to play in their own half too much and coughed up two tries to italy, still a win is a win. Suprising lack of action from the bench for Wales.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

and relax 🙄

just need a favour from the French and get a draw and then Wales to win in France – too much to ask?

ton

wales were crap…….fact
    they need those two fat hairy props back.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

You’re not wrong on both accounts there Ton, the “hair bear bunch” do make a heck of a difference to out pack – fact

anagallis_arvensis

he’s half wrong, Wales were not crap they were average which is about their level, and Adam Jones would be a great help, Duncan Jones would be no help at all, Paul James is a much better player.

ton

france look a bit too quick for england.
    they will turn the screw early in the 2nd half i reckon.

ton

but what do i know eh?,……………. 😆

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Le résultat a été de tatouage noeuds mieux, je m’attendais à

Je ne pourrons pas faire face à ce non Cymraeg grand chelem, Hope Ecosse ou l’Irlande peut aider à ce sujet!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good win for England. They weren’t very exciting but they did enough. Great counter rucking – England bossed the breakdown. Good defence as well – no gaps, no missed tackles

France – had enough of the ball in the right areas of the field but lacked the inventiveness to score.

anagallis_arvensis

funny because France dominated the breakdown in the first half, shit game mind. At least England finally managed to get a back line move that didnt have Tindall or Hape involved for the try. France looked more dangerous but couldnt quite get it together England butchered a number of opportunities, Ashton didnt look world class today.

andyl
    Free Member

Suck it Frenchies 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

As a footy pundit would say a game of two halves, england defence and a bit of luck saw then through. Cant rely on Jonny for ever 😉

Palmer is a bit special. Ashton isnt world class 😀 cant wait for the “we can win the world cup easy now” brigade to turn up.

I am just a bitter and chippy valley boy who is to far from home tonight.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pretty disappointing game. Excellent rucking by England though and they deserved the win for sure. Couple of unlucky bounces for France could have turned the game, but they didn’t cross the line with ball in hand. Go figure.

So, it’s down to the Irish now (no offence to the Scots of course, but I can’t see a victory at Twickenham for them). I think a_a is being too polite about Ashton. He was a bit anonymous today. Shit actually.

anagallis_arvensis

Thought Flood was poor tbh, and Tindal has hands like abu hamzer. France just played too much high risk offloading stuff. Chabal was dire also. England defended well and lived off the French mistakes, I was also a bit confused by the scrum referring, France looked well on top.

brakes
    Free Member

GET IN!!!
    Quality result following a bit of wonky refereeing.
    Best team won.

Houns

1191!!

Oh and don’t agree with the ref, that was a try by Tindall

anagallis_arvensis

I agree it was a try from Tindall and its something that has become very common, the refs are so hot on the tackler letting go quickly the tackled player just gets up again, that and whenever a tackler does a great job of turning his man the refs blow against them are really doing my head in.

PS do we really think Cole was injured? They’ll need him away in Ireland especially if Sheridan is crocked again.

Scamper
    Free Member

Really don’t think England were all that, which of course isn’t saying much about France. Wales missing their two two Lions props and Phillips has to provide quicker service. Pretty poor weekend all be told.

Meanwhile Gloucester keep marching on and this could be our our year. Full house and 17,000 against Barth next week 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Good win against the Saints shame Nicky is off.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No try. Tindall is tackled, tackler releases him once tackle complete. Tindall has to place the ball at that moment – he can then get to his feet and pick the ball up again but he has to release the ball once he is tackled and on the ground

Scamper
    Free Member

Pigface – I agree, but apparently moneywise he was not offered a contract, but of course with Bruns etc hopefully we should be ok. And of course Tindall is our Club Captain, who will be struggling to get into our starting 15

IdleJon

brakes – Member
    Quality result following a bit of wonky refereeing.

Which game are we talking about? I haven’t seen a decent ref in the internationals this weekend.

Still England’s route to the Slam will be eased by the fact that they won’t have that dipstick Wayne Barnes in charge of any of their games.

I’ve never liked his ref’ing style, but awarding a penalty against Wales for a high tackle when the player grabbed the Italian between the shoulder blades is laughable.

As is a 3:1 penalty count against Wales.

I’m not saying that Wales are a ‘clean’ side, but there is no way at all that they committed 3 times more penalty offences than Italy. (I spotted quite a few Italian offences…) He is a complete numpty.

Another very unsatisfying round of games so far – hopefully tomorrow will be better. C’mon Ireland! (Although if the Scots win, will they be up for the Twickenham game?)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well IJ, you’ve got to ask where the Slam noone wants can be stopped…

anagallis_arvensis

I thought that the England 8 was very lucky not to be yellowed for hands in the ruck right under his posts, the lack of consistancy from refs is shocking.

ton

who’s your money going on then?
    paddy’s or the jock’s?

allthepies
    Free Member

The Oirish fro shizzle.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Pish

ton

good game that.
    dont think england have anything to worry about in their next 2 games tho.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If the green machine could show discipline, then England might worry. As it is though, England may well destroy them.

anagallis_arvensis

If I were you Darcy I would be more worried about your next game, Wales could beat Ireland if they dont improve.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It should be a good game a_a. I agree with what you say though.

anagallis_arvensis

dont think england have anything to worry about in their next 2 games tho.

Winning away in Dublin will be tough, England are far from being potential world cup winners yet, they need some creativity in midfield and more of a threat out wide. Foden is very good, Cueto is OK but the midfield and Ashton look poor when the ball goes wide. Ashton is obviously a threat down the middle but was awful in his lines of running when the ball came along the backs

ton

proper game on sky now
    wigan v st george illawarra

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thank God. Just heard Scotland’s team to meet England at Twickenham.
    15. G. Hastings
    14. W. Steele
    13. J. Renwick
    12. I. McGeechan
    11. A Irvine
    10. J. Rutherford
    9. G. Armstrong
    1. I. MacLauchlan
    2. C. Deans
    3. I Milne
    4. G. Brown
    5. S. Murray
    6. J. White
    8. I. Paxton
    7. D. Leslie.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

and still wouldn’t win,that’s a team of midgets compared to current players 😀

ton

yeah, and you have missed doddie out of the line up.

DezB
    Free Member

Bit old too. That Andy Irvine will be a bit rusty.

ton

and your missing finlay calder, about one of the best scottish players ever.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Aye true – Fin Calder was great as was John Jeffries

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 950 total)

The topic ‘6 nations thread, let the arguments commence’ is closed to new replies.