Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 297 total)
  • 6 Music Schedule Changes
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

It’s great Lame-O is down to just one night a week. A lovely compromise, as it’s obviously written in the BBC 6music runes that he shall broadcast.

Cerys’s show is superb IMHO.

fingerbang
    Free Member

Yeah Lame-O is back albeit in reduced form. I liken it to braverman getting sacked by Truss then coming back to the same role under sunak. It’s exactly the same, exactly the same . He’s the wealdstone raider of indie rock

scuttler

He’s the wealdstone raider of indie rock

🤣

oikeith

I was subscribed via the BBC sounds app to the 6music indie forever playlist, it used to be a nice hour of music once a week, lightly curated. I think due to these changes its now an on air show so I get to listen to someone called Nathan go on about stuff and then hear when they’ve failed to edit out the news! I’ve given up on listening and unsubscribed. 

PrinceJohn

Cerys’s show is superb IMHO.

And there’s me thinking it’s the worst thing on the radio & it rushes me out the door on a Sunday

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’m the same i can’t stand cerys’ show as she’ll randomly bust out some 1920’s rag time , and I’m out. Although I love Giles Peterson’s which similarly has some haterz

kayak23

I’m not always a massive fan of what Cerys plays on her show, but I’m very glad that it exists.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I actually enjoy cerys’s show, and I’ve been a fan of Giles since 2003.

(I’ve still got a recording of his ‘swell session’ Swedish bloke, featuring the epifani barbers and a rag-time version of 50cents ‘in the club’). Joyous

Alyx Holcombe seems to be where it’s at, metal wise.

As great as her show is, it needs a slot 11-2pm on a Sunday in 6music to showcase metal.

It wouldn’t hurt to feature more from the ‘big four’ (Metallica, megadeth, testament, anthrax), as well as sepultura and the more instrumental leaning bands.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Metal, at 12-2pm on a Sunday, on 6music?

It may shock 6music to discover that, on a planetary level, not everyone incarnates in their human form at a low energy level.

Check out Dr. Michael Newtons “Journey of souls” for a more detailed elaboration.

I’m sure that the late Dr. Newton would prescribe lots of thrash metal for the more advanced souls/ maniacs

👍😂👍😂👍😂

Speeder

kayak23
    I’m not always a massive fan of what Cerys plays on her show, but I’m very glad that it exists.

+1

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Maybe, 50 years from now, Cerys co, will discover metal and discuss it with the hushed and reverential tones that Harvard academics gave to ‘ethnic’ music in the 1930’s.

Who knows?

binners

Although I love Giles Peterson’s which similarly has some haterz

I can’t listen to Giles Peterson without immediately thinking of Brian Pern

ElShalimo

Mary Anne Hobbs has excelled today – the Raincoat playlist

🤦‍♂️

hightensionline

From bobbins to biggedy biggedy bong – it’s a Mark & Lard reunion!

Stop… carry on!

ElShalimo

Why is it always Dairylea?

binners

Absolute quality!

rOcKeTdOg

It wouldn’t hurt to feature more from the ‘big four’ (Metallica, megadeth, testament, anthrax

not everyone wants to listen to the past though, bring on the new music!

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

@rocketdog

Or whatever the modern equivalent is.

(Without having to stay up into the wee small hours or faff about on bbc sounds).

My main gripe with 6music is that they barely get out of first gear.

hightensionline

That’s often the case, yep. Although Mary Anne Hobbs did slip some Orecus in earlier.

brant
    Free Member

Radcliffe in for Laverne this morning.
    A mixed response I’m sure but will always be a win here.

frankconway

They’re both (very) good.

thenorthwind

I like Lauren Laverne, but there’s not enough Radcliffe on 6.

Can’t think of anyone better to present, in his words, the “contractually obliged cloudbusting slogan” 😄

gravedigger
    Free Member

I actually enjoy cerys’s show, and I’ve been a fan of Giles since 2003.

latecomer – 1987 for me – he was still on Radio London then I seem to remember.

Speeder

hightensionline
    From bobbins to biggedy biggedy bong – it’s a Mark & Lard reunion!

Stop… carry on!

When?

I heard it mentioned on the breakfast show this morning but it was a bit lacking in detail (none).

Think I almost cried at the last show, they were so ingrained in my life at that time – can’t believe that was 20 years ago.

tewit
    Free Member

Listen to yesterday’s Craig Charles show, Speeder. They were both on talking about their time together and announced that they are doing a tour about it all. Very funny as usual.

fingerbang
    Free Member

‘its a mystery’ from the old mark and lard show was my favourite

‘whhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooo?’

‘mushn’t grumble ‘

I still can’t get my head round them playing the full version of ‘whole lotta love’ and ‘marquee moon’ on Radio 1 breakfast show

thenorthwind

marquee moon

😅

Was that intentional?

hightensionline

@Speederhttps://markandlard.com/

Like the day Neil Armstrong stepped on to the moon (if you were born then, if not, skip this bit) or when Alan Bradley got run over by a Blackpool tram on Coronation Street (ditto) – everybody can remember where they were on that fateful day in Radio 1 history. Listening to the radio. Obviously.

Now, following high level negotiations after a chance meeting between Fat Harry White and Scoff Cruddle at a Bedford Rascal Enthusiasts rally, Mark and Marc have been coaxed back to wrestle once again on the sheepskin rug of light entertainment.

thenorthwind

Since when was it acceptable to pay happy hardcore on 6music? I like to think I have a pretty broad taste in music, but, just make it stop.

Is this what being middle aged feels like?

Speeder

thenorthwind
    Since when was it acceptable to pay happy hardcore on 6music? I like to think I have a pretty broad taste in music, but, just make it stop.

Is this what being middle aged feels like?

It’s a broad church. What was it that so offended?

Yes

Pook

I just want to know who Richard Hawley has compromising photos of in 6Music management

Speeder

Pook
    I just want to know who Richard Hawley has compromising photos of in 6Music management

Do I take it that you don’t like Richard Hawley?

tewit
    Free Member

Since when was it acceptable to pay happy hardcore on 6music?

Bloody hell, I missed that. Did they play Toy Town? Think I’ve still got it on vinyl from my bedroom DJ days. Sorry mum and dad , neighbours.😃

thenorthwind

It’s a broad church. What was it that so offended?

Yes

And rightfully so. I think it was this:

Thanks for confirming.

I was going to say, who actually likes MAH’s drivel, but then I just heard a listener text in, thanking her for introducing him to this piece of progressive music that took him on a journey whilst he was planting mushrooms…

She quite possibly made that up in her own head, but still

Meh

zippykona

I am very glad that I have found alternatives.

nicko74

…such as…?

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I listen to Radio France now, the Radio FIP rock channel.

6 Music is garbage at the moment apart from Riley & Coe.

zippykona

Nick o…NME 1 and selected DJs on Radio Caroline.
    Not a direct 6 music replacement (nme1 is)
    but if you like guitar music and a DJ that knows what he’s talking about try this…
    Check out this Podomatic episode! Johnny Reece (Sitting In) – 13th April 2024 https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/rcarolinepeterantony2/episodes/2024-04-13T08_47_43-07_00

Going back to my thread about the 6 music festival, where I was told I don’t understand what a festival is about (I still stand by my comments that it was a small handful of gigs – I heard nothing that made it a festival as such i.e. yes it can be individual venues, but there still has to be a whole vibe and spin off activities going on around it – I didn’t get that from the coverage) Anyway, one of the artists playing was Hak Baker.

It’s almost as if 6 have a vested interest in particular artists and will not shut up about them. I don’t know what that vested interest could be with it being the BBC, but they must mention Hak Baker 20+ times a day. Hawkins this morning said his name at least half a dozen times when announcing his new record

At least we’ve got Glasto coming up – you know, that festival that the BBC invented….

Before anyone says it – yes, I know I can turn it off and I often do

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.