Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • £50 at CRC – struggling for ideas :oops:
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

This is very unlike me, but I have a £50 birthday present voucher at CRC and am struggling to think of what to spend it on. Must be a lifetime first. All my bikes are basically running fine, one needs a new headset but I’d probably get that from Planet X.

So, any suggestions?! I would like to do a full lightening effort on the roadbike, so that’s probably reasonable port of call, but am slightly thinking that might be a bit pointless. 😳

Any bright ideas of what to get for £50 for the cyclist who doesn’t need anything?!

Bucko

What’s the expiry date? Save it for when you do need something?

Or give it to a cyclist who does need stuff (me)…

theflatboy
    Free Member

Good shout – I am considering selling it, if that were possible, as there is some stuff I need but possibly not from CRC…

theflatboy
    Free Member

Quite tempted by a set of Conti GP 4000Ss for the road bike, as they would be a pretty decent weight saving for roughly the right amount. Can anyone tell me if I would actually notice the difference over the not-great Spesh stock tyres that came on the bike?

chakaping
    Free Member

They’re doing a pair of Michelin Pro 4s with tubes for just under £50.

rp16v
    Free Member

tools,lubes,workshop acc’s ??

theflatboy
    Free Member

Michelins sound good, but a quick check suggests they’re a bit less durable than the Contis? Anyone confirm?

Workshop stuff is a great shout, though – any chance of picking up a torque wrench for that much, I wonder…

dannybgoode

Black Chilli Conti road tyres are something else. The amount of grip is truly astonishing.

I had non-chilli Contis on and never quite had much confidence in them and have recently swapped to GP Black Chillis and will never go back.

Cheers

Danny B

theflatboy
    Free Member

Reinforces what I’d heard elsewhere, cheers.

At the mo it’s a toss-up between Conti GP4000s, torque wrench or some 3/4 bibs for later in the year!

dannybgoode

Save a few quid and get the straight Grand Prix (as opposed to the 4000S) – ’tis what I have and they’re lovely

linky

Cheers

Danny B

theflatboy
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll take a look. 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Another vote here for GP4000S tyres.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Noted.

What’s the difference between GP and GP4000S?

dannybgoode

about £8 per tyre as far as I can tell and may be weight. not much else in it.

Cheers

Danny B

theflatboy
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘£50 at CRC – struggling for ideas :oops:’ is closed to new replies.