Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 45North Fasterkatts
  • MrSparkle

Quite interested in these, being of the cold feet persuasion. Anybdy actually got some? Can you give me a review if so? Particularly interested in how they come up size wise. I suspect it’s not been anywhere near cold enough here to actually test them yet though.

vorlich
    Free Member

Would love a pair, but can’t justify the price ATM.

Link

trail_rat
    Free Member

for 200 bucks id be wanting a better rating than -3 ….

im pondering some wolvehammers but 280 quid for shoes is a rediculous amount in any ones book.

280 quid is alot of money for anything never mind shoes…. but comfortably warm feet to -18 and in daily use on my commute …. mmmmmmmmm justified…..

cr500dom
    Free Member

They are in stock at:

http://www.dc-cycles.co.uk

I was going to go for them but I got offered a great deal on a set of this years Defrosters at my LBS so I took that instead

Merino socks and defrosters makes for toasty warm feet, makes the commute much nicer now

nbt

I’ve seen some on Si Bown’s (18 bikes) photostream so they may be stocking them?

ton

the wolvehammers are available in a non spd version. £280 for a walking boot?

i use scarpa ranger goretex, smartwool hiker socks and berghaus gaiters, and still have change for a proper good drink….. 😆

MrSparkle

Trail rat- I thought you were away somewhere exotic earning loadsa money?
    Nbt – 18 bikes, Sideways cycles a d Charlie the Bikemong all seem to be getting/stocking them.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Yep – mine just arrived today. Not ridden with them yet, but I’m very impressed with the quality and details.

I’m usually 45/46 – I’ve erred on the bigger size here, room for cosy socks too.

We’ve not got stock, but are considering it – let me know if you’re interested – that might help us on stock in/pricing, so might help you with price too 😉

info@18bikes.co.uk

simonbowns
    Free Member

christ, I’ve just been grouped in alongside Sideways Tim and Charlie. erk.

MSP

Does anyone know how these compare to the lake mxz303, for warmth waterproofness and weight.

Needing a size 50, I seem somewhat limited to the expensive options only 😥

mattjg
    Free Member

Tempted, the spec seems spot on for Surrey winters (We’re not in Minnesota any more, Toto). Anyone ridden them?

They’re expensive, but the insoles I bought for 25 quid last year didn’t make it through a whole winter (& they’re a right PITA to get on too).

I had a day pretty much wiped out at CYB in February due to cold wet feed. The wet was the big issue, it wasn’t a super-cold day.

Also, interested in alternatives.

z1ppy

I’d want the wolvhammer over the fasterkatts, but both are starting to make the Lake MXZ303’s seem good value (especially when discounted). I think the BOA system is a better choice on a winter boot than a zip, even a covered zip

mattjg
    Free Member

Looks to me like the Lakes are pitched more towards “extreme” weather. A bit cold/manky and rainy (or puddly) is the problem I need to fix, rather than big snow and serious sub-zero temps. I’m down at the southern end of Englandshire, you chaps up in Scotland and the mountainous places usually get it much worse!

z1ppy

Nope I is a midlander.. but suffer with cold feet/toes. My Shiamno MW80’s are fine for most of the winter, but I struggle once it get below 0, been eyeing up the 302/303’s for a long while. M8 has some he uses all winter, and they don’t seem as frankenstein’s monsters boot as you’d think.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ve been very impressed so far with this years specialized defrosters and a pair of merino socks
    toasty warm and dry on the commute so far, not given them a total immersion yet but I am happy so far.

mattjg
    Free Member

I’m getting closer to a purchase, any more feedback on the Fasterkatts from folks who have used them?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘45North Fasterkatts’ is closed to new replies.