• This topic has 24 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 400 days later…
  • mattbibbings
    Free Member

I just wanted to share my triumphant return to the trails.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Hoorah! Proper job on that wrist, no messing about!

Marmoset
    Free Member

Great stuff – 400 days though – that’s a log time off the bike. I had 6 weeks off when I broke my wrist and that drove me mad (considering that a spell of inactivity usually leads to more guitar playing in my case!)

Enjoy riding again 🙂

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Fair play to you mate for getting back on the bike 🙂 ….. don’t think id be so keen …

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Jeebus… Makes me realise exactly how lucky I’ve been after breaking both wrists and a collarbone, then being back on a bike after 4 months.

Glad to see you’ve recovered enough to get back out riding again!

poonprice
    Free Member

400 days is evil, i’m at 3 weeks off the bike with broken collarbone and already going crazy.

Good to see you made it back, take it easy 🙂

composite
    Free Member

Good to see another biker back on it. I use “funny shaped bars” anyway. 😛

trevron73
    Free Member

I cried (only a bit) watchin this great video ,thanks for sharing ,you got positivity on lockdown !well done and happy ridin.

teacake
    Free Member

Brilliant mate, absolutely brilliant!!

I’ve only had a small wrist injury but my advice is make sure you do as much “rehab” as possible on both hands. I lost a bit of dexterity and now the injured wrist goes numb really easily on long rides (normally only road riding though). It also gets cold easily.

I’m not sure on what exercises but anything which helps dexterity and strength. I have a powerball thingy which is quite good but I didn’t really do anything to recuperate until years after the incident.

Good on ya! Keep shredding!!!

maxray
    Free Member

Can’t imagine what having 2 bust wrists would feel like, I broke one (cleanly) and that was bad enough. Fair play to you for getting back on the bike so relatively quickly… and for having a SO that let you 😀

mattbibbings
    Free Member

Cheers for the positivity folks. It is truly grand to be back on the dirt.

I would advise anyone with an injury to overcome to watch Chris Akriggs edits of his rehab. He was a genuine inspiration to me.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

oldnpastit

Nice video, thanks! Being off the bike is rubbish.

matt_outandabout

*pleasing to see a rider back on*

m0rk
    Free Member

I can only imagine the feeling after a year off – I feel grumpy after a month or two when I’ve had an off & broken something

Well done, especially the 1000 miles on a turbo

mamadirt
    Free Member

Fantastic! Great story and cracking vid 😀

nuke

Good vid…must be great to be back on the bike 😀

Now a week out a plaster myself after breaking my wrist at the start of April and needing surgery to pin it. Physio starts tomorrow.

I’ve had a little pedal around and noticed how unnatural straight bars felt and was thinking bars with lots of sweep would be far more natural and then I saw that’s exactly what you’ve done…which bars are they pls? Mary bars?

mattbibbings
    Free Member

These are Salsa Bend 2 bars. They are spot on for me. I have a set of Marys but find them too narrow and too swept

I’ve ended up on funny shaped bars as I had to have my right ulna shortened as it was a “non union”. Basically, it didn’t mend at first attempt, the Ti plate holding it snapped, and then it was free floating in my arm from June to October last year 😯 When I had the fusion op the docs had to shorten it quite a bit to get it to fuse again. Hence the wonky hand.

schnor
    Free Member

Brilliant! Great vid, and fair play to you – I couldn’t imagine how tough it must have been *doffs hat*

russianbob
    Free Member

Are you from round here then. A lot of cheeky in that vid. Glad you’re better though. Looks like you’re a better rider than me, shortened ulna or not.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

@Russianbob – The riding in the vid is 100% pure Chevin 😉

nuke

Thanks matt for the info on the bars. Good luck with your continuing recovery 8)

IanW
    Free Member

Can’t keep a good man down, we’ll done sir. Now get that bike of the turbo.

alpin
    Free Member

thumbs up, high five (but gently).

nice vid. =)

grum
    Free Member

Well done that man!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘400 days later…’ is closed to new replies.