Home Forums Bike Forum 3D Printed Saddles on AliExpress

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 3D Printed Saddles on AliExpress
  • citizenlee
    Free Member

I was going to buy a WTB Volt (Wide based on their fitment guide) but I keep seeing adverts for Chinese 3D printed saddles and they’ve piqued my interest. The Ryet branded ones in particular.

Has anyone tried one?

cogwomble
    Free Member

Not tried one but willing to give one a go, so if you buy one and dont like it, let me know.  They’re £30 for a full carbon at the moment plus taxes btw.

Daffy

Having been involved with the original 3D printed (ALM) saddles with Charge.  I’m not sure I’d want a Chinese CRFP saddle that close to my nads.

Ewan
    Free Member

I bought one the other day. Yet to fit it to the turbo. Will report back. Seems well made.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I have a Specialized Power Pro Mirror on the gravel bike, and a Ryet 3D on the road bike.

The Specialized is undoubtedly better, but given the Ryet is a tenth of the price that is not surprising.  It’s more comfortable than a cheap conventional saddle for sure.

I would go for a more ‘Power Pro type’ version next time, the Ryet 3D seems to be a Selle Italia copy – I think the open structure reduces comfort a bit as it is quite grippy.

reeksy

I’m sure there was a thread on this a while back

13thfloormonk

Yeah I started a thread a while ago, I got the Ryet Power Arc clone but not 3D printed, just carbon rails with microfibre cover and reasonably plush padding. For the money it was a thing of beauty, 135g, very neat tidy construction, lovely looking sort of raw carbon finish.

I did about 200km on it on my road bike, not really much of a test although I am heavy. No creaks or concerns other than deciding the shape wasn’t for me, same for the posh Specialized Power Arc elaston on the gravel bike sadly, I need flatter and wider!

(none too stealth for sale ad for some Power Arc/clone saddles there by the way…)

DrJ

I saw a video just now where the YouTuber had a custom made saddle. Apparently the manufacturer sends out a cushion of plasticine (or something) for you to sit on and uses the mould to make a saddle. Anyone tried that, or have any more information?

wooderson

I bought two RYET printed saddles for my road and gravel bike. One is a PRO Stealth copy (so quite square, flat with a wide nose) and a Specialized Romin copy – both about 140-145mm wide to match my previsous saddles.

Postives – Very light (140-150g) and very nicely made. Look really smart and expensive. Have been robust in muddy conditions and clean up easily. Cheap – were about £35-40 delivered.

Negatives – the 3D printed mateiral is super grippy – almost tacky. In makes shifting position quite a conscious movement and while it’s been confortable for up to 4-6hrs rides, on a recent multiple day trip in the Pyrennes (x3 100km, 5hr days) i did nd up with some nasty sore on day #3. Not necessarly the saddle (the Romin Copy), but i’ve not had this issue before. Compared to a real Specialzed Mirror 3D printed saddle or Fizik Adaptavive saddle, it’s just a mesh cusion stuck on a carbon base. The Mirror saddle is like a Mattress by comparison! The RYETs aren’t that sophisticated, but there is more cushioning than a regualr Specialized saddle and it’s 50% of the weight.

Worth experimenting with, but be wary of the tacky grip!

finbar
    Free Member

Do they not (a) fill up with mud and (b) shred your shorts really quickly?

wooderson

The base is solid carbon, which keep trail/road spray out from below. A muddy backslide will grind mud in i suppose, but it’s easy to blast out and the top dries out very quickly.

Hasn’t shredded shorts, but i haven’t worn baggies when using these saddles. The tackiness might be a problem…

finbar
    Free Member

Cheers, thinking I will have a go at some point if I can find one similar in shape to an Arione.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.