Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 315mph Dagger GT
  • loddrik
    Free Member

What a joke. Typical yanks, all about macho names and big headlines. They can’t build a veyron, and they don’t understand that the veyron isn’t about top speed, it’s about usability. But once again the yanks want to claim the title, but they build largely pathetic cars compared to the Germans.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Looks decent to me. 🙂

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s not fast enough for me. My Vauxhall Nova goes quicker than that up the A6.

Jamie
    Free Member

Any good in snow tho?

Bream
    Free Member

Pie in the sky for a 300mph road car, typical yanks 🙄

Someone forgot to speak to the tyre manufacturers when drawing up this render and spec list, or else they would have realised that the isn’t a road legal tyre on earth that is rated that high! But I’m sure they will just fit solid tyres and run it across the salt flats and claim its road legal 🙄

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My German friend tells me the car mags there post a Nurburgring time along with the 0-60 etc… Emphasising to them usable speed. Is the technology really there for the 2500bhp dagger to be stable at it’s claimed speeds? Already it’s been sighted it can only achieve it’s performance with race grade fuel. It’s all claims anyway and they mean nothing. A veyron/radical/gumpert and a dagger around a track racing for pink slips? If it ever makes it to reality I think I know the answer. 315mph fast for a piece of software, no?

Bream
    Free Member

Nope, but it looks so shiny and grabs headlines with super duper claimed figures 🙄

As for pink slips, my moneys on the new Zonda R 😉

There’s little disputing the fact that it is infinitely better looking than the dog turd that is the Veyron.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I don’t think the Veyron is ugly, just a bit bland looking. Eye of the beholder and all that.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m more interested in this statement….

Both meet the US’s main environmental regulations, but not those in California (the world’s strictest)

So an 800+ bhp car meets the world strictest environmental regulations?
    That’s either an outright lie, or the world is a very wrong place indeed.

Does California *really* have the strongest environemntal controls in the world? That would be an astounding turn around if it does.

molgrips
    Free Member

In the US/California they do have very strict controls, but not on CO2. It’s NOx emissions amongst other things that they are really strict on. So you can drive a 10 litre V48 doing 3mpg if you want, but until a year or two ago not a Golf TDi doing 60mpg.

One of the reasons they have crapper fuel economy in the US is they use a great deal of exhaust gas recirculation to reduce NOx emissions, this in turn reduces the power per litre displacement. So you then up the displacement to compensate. The result is you use lots more fuel but burn it in a way that doesn’t produce much NOx.

samuri
    Free Member

Aah, that explains why every car I’ve driven in the states while reading like it had lots of power (one of them claimed to have 300bhp), were actually slower than my wifes old Almera. One car actually couldn’t make it up a hill.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well they shouldn’t claim more than they have, regardless. It explains why a 3.6l V6 might only have 170bhp or so. But if it says 300bhp it should have it.

They often have poor gearboxes, and it’s also true that their petrol is crap. So some ‘performance’ cars really need premium grade gasoline otherwise they don’t work well. Plus in some states ‘regular’ is actually only 83 octane instead of 87 which is even worse! (Ours is like 95 although I am unsure if they are using the same rating system)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘315mph Dagger GT’ is closed to new replies.