Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • 3 Peaks CX
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Anyone had their email yet?

crazy-legs

No, they posted something on Twitter earlier saying about volume of entries, taking time to sort through the emails blah blah.
    Can’t find it now but they seemed to be saying it’d be done by end of today…

Edric64
    Free Member

Nothing here yet

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nowt here yet, I take they tell you either way

ianfitz
    Free Member

Unhelpful if you are waiting but I know I’m in due to marshalling last year.

HTH 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

You only get told if you are in

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nothing here, I will simply cry myself for days if I’m not in 🙁

kilo

Just got e mail there’s a delay and results of the ballot will be out later this week

ianfitz
    Free Member

If you entered the ballot you’ll get an email either way.

Good luck everyone!

Edric64
    Free Member

Thats new getting told when you are not in ,in the past im sure you just didn`t get one

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I wonder if it’s been delayed further because the Europeans and the Scots have to be taken out :mrgreen:

DiscJockey
    Free Member

The announcement sent via SiEntries on the 20th stated:

“There has been a delay in running the entry ballot and invites to proceed and complete entries will be sent out later in the week, rather than today as previously advised.

All registered entries will receive an email advising on their application status (i.e. successful or not) upon the invites being sent.”

Maybe the entry ballot team were too busy limbering up to run their local referendum ballots 😉

FunkyDunc – quite possible mate !

Joking aside, I guess today is sort of ‘later in the week’, and perhaps so is the weekend. So I’ll only worry if I’ve not heard by Sunday, but the organisers have clearly stated we’ll each be notified with a ‘you’re in’ or ‘not in’ confirmation.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just had an email to say I’m in 😀

mugsys_m8

In. 3 previous’s.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Aren’t international entries guaranteed a space any more?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m in, just to try and get ready now.

crazy-legs

I’m in! 🙂

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

Looks like I’m not in 🙁 I got the ‘invitations have been sent out but if you didn’t get one you’re in a waiting list’ kind of email. Just wondering, for those of you entering for the first time, what kind of info did you put in the ‘relevant experience’ box? I think I might have been a little too brief. I’m racing on the road at the mo but no cyclocross experience and my MTB marathon days are a while in the past.

I’m aiming to race ‘cross this season so it can only help for next year!

fooman

I’ve got the ‘invites have been sent’ email but no invite, though I should have a guaranteed place from marshalling (& have previously completed 3 peaks) so I don’t know if I should wait or enquire..?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Fooman – did you state on the entry where it asked you re marshalling ?

Next Question….. sorry 😀

What tyres?

Last year I used Landcruisers, thinking most people would, yet I hardly saw any! …. and they are bloody heavy. I’ve half though about going tubeless too?

bikerbruce
    Free Member

IM IN- time to obsess.

ianfitz
    Free Member

fooman – I’m in the same boat. Marshaled last year and had one email but not the invite.

Having organised a large fell race for a few years I’ll wait as guessing a large volume of email heading Marks way currently.

I’ll drop him a mail at the end of the week if not heard. They are offering places for marshals again this year so it’s not like they’ve changed minds on it. Just lots to do I’d think

steve_b77
    Free Member

What tyres?

Last year I used Landcruisers, thinking most people would, yet I hardly saw any! …. and they are bloody heavy. I’ve half though about going tubeless too?

My thoughts exactly, are tubeless Vittoria XL’s up to the job, run tubeless obviously?

eddie11
    Free Member

clement MXP when i did it. They come up big which is is helpful and have a reasonable centre tread when run at 65psi or whatever stupid pressure i used. Forget to enter this year. i am an idiot.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Not in, no previous, thought they might have opened up a decent slot for first timers 🙁

fooman

Yes I ticked the guaranteed entry box, just double checked SiEntries

ianfitz I won’t worry just yet unless I hear from someone who has a guarantee / invite – I’m told although lots marshal for a place (60+) only a handful of those actually take up their allocation each year.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’m not in 🙁
    Gutted, as I’m fitter than I’ve ever been this year coming off a good cx season last winter & some nice events so far this.
    Still, there’s always next year..

Spin
    Free Member

What tyres?

Schwalbe Smart Sams with 85psi in them. No issues over 3 participations.

tragically1969
    Free Member

What tyres?
    Schwalbe Smart Sams with 85psi in them. No issues over 3 participations.

Landcruisers seem to tbe the other common one do they not ?

kilo

Mrs is in, just booked hotel in Settle. She will be using landcruisers, which have not been used since last year

benji
    Free Member

Not in, but probably a good thing as i broke my wrist this morning 🙁

stever
    Free Member

‘No’ for me. Can only conclude that previous completions were deemed unimpressive. I’ve just run the Welsh 3000s and possibly as strong as ever …but still crap myself at the Peaks. Perhaps as well 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Unfortunately I have had to pull out of the event with an Achilles injury, absolutely gutted as I am much fitter than last year. 🙁

So that means someone luckily will have got my spot !

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks CX’ is closed to new replies.