Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 29er XC wheelset recommendations
  • sparsons
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a wheelset/build for monstercross bike I’m considering, probably using tyres not larger than 2″
    Cheers!

lovewookie

American classic hubs and Open Pro’s should be fine.

charliedontsurf

FSA xc290 at £350
    Fulcrum at £200
    And if you want burlier, Halo freedoms at around £200.
    email me charlie@charliethebikemonger.com… deliveries of all of the above due in a few days. Or just shout if you need any more info.

Bertros
    Free Member

How much are you looks at spending..?

Bertros
    Free Member

whoops old thread..
    Still if you have the money.. I would go for Stans ZTR Race 7000 series with American classic front and rear Hubs are the Dog danglies… You can also go French and get a set of MAVIC Cros29er also a nice lite choice.. but the ZTR is a better option IMHO as you can stay away from UST tyres and run any (Most tyres) with Stans adative and go tubeless.. good for 40 45 PSI when running XC and lite as a feather (1210g) for a 29″ wheel SET !

NZCol

Does anyone do the stans rims/AM hubs as a wheelset i.e. built up ?

Bertros
    Free Member

http://www.justridingalong.com/ They have a custom wheel builder.. Give them a call also and “discuss the price” the problem is they are all import USD parts so at a price to the importer and use buyers. its not cheap but they are the best Rims Sorry for 29″er you are looking at ARCH, Flow or 355’s not the olimpic or race still crazey lite and probably the best alrounder for lite, strength and tyre choice, without going carbon.. Good luck !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘29er XC wheelset recommendations’ is closed to new replies.