Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29er tyres general useage which? whats on offer?
  • Speshpaul

looking to build up a 29er hard tail, pretty much sourced everything except tyres.
    I don’t want to spend lots just yet as i don’t really know what will work for me.
    i’m leaning towards maybe a X king on the back, not sure about the front, i’ve tried MK2’s on a 29er and although grippy i thought the back offer no notice that it was about to breakaway,- grip grip grip – nothing.
    Also looked at N/nics, spesh captains and purgatorys
    where should i start? any good deals out there (one LBS point straight at some £58 maxxis whf when asked for cheap 29er tyres, which i took to mean leave our shop and never come back.)

wwaswas

I’ve got on-one Smorgasbord and at any price I’d be pleased with them. At £15 an end they’re bloody fantastic.

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Are you smooth on a bike or do you fling it on it’s ear in corners?

mattmbk
    Free Member

I’m also running the On One Smorgasbords, work great in all conditions bar really deep mud. Touch heavy but they run tubeless without any problems. Well worth a punt for 15 quid!!

andycs

Geax Saguro TNT.

Speshpaul

“Are you smooth on a bike or do you fling it on it’s ear in corners?”
    yes to be unhelpful, quite capable of both.
    i tried a buzzard 1st but wasn’t blown away, but i think its was a nice frame held back by truely dreadful Mazza forks (44’s shockingly bad)
    gone for a FF29 mythink is more of a all day mile muncher. But eastridge is my back garden so it will see some tight rocky ST.

mashiehood
    Free Member

i have a pair of Rocket Rons with 200 miles on em so in great condition. Yours for £40 posted.

the00
    Free Member

On one have Geax Saguros for £20 at the moment. I’ve bought one but yet to try it.

Frankers
    Free Member

I have Geax Saguaro on the back on Geax Gato on the front.

Avoid TNT versions if you have ZTR rims

Speshpaul

dealing with On one, their tyre pricing is a bit random Conti X kings £14.99 on the seach page £19.99on item page, several with the same problem.
    then will they arrive ………….

andycs

Frankers, my TNTs went like a dream on my Crests, what problem did you have?

acehtn
    Free Member

Future Geax curious here.

Proper mucking about on mountains or DH racing, been using Hans Dampf, square unramped knobs so bit draggy on xc.

XC, WTB Bronsons, nice tight center knobs, low profile, roll nice, large side knobs for off camber cheeky lines and cornering, nice tyres and coped better than expected in mud.

For feeling a bit a racey, Conti CX race 700c 35mm, quite a surprise in all weathers. Ran around 55-60 psi, more grip than expected, when they wear out will most likely get the larger 42-45mm version. Roll well, good tarmac manners, cheap but taken some abuse 🙂

Might try the Conti xc 29er race tyres instead, but liking the CX tyres.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29er tyres general useage which? whats on offer?’ is closed to new replies.