Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 29er Single Speed BACK to 1 x 10 Geared.
  • tk46hal
    Free Member

This will probably create me some stick from the 29er single speeders out there, but I wasn’t giving the bike enough attention with it being set up as a single speed because I found the single speed limiting to my kind of riding and terrain so have now gone 1 x 10 and kept it fully rigid.
    The first big ride on it tomorrow morning so I’ll let you know what I think to the 32t 36-11 setup! 😀
    Here it is!

I’m expecting some proper sarcasm from certain people, not mentioning names, but it begins with T and ends with azzy! 😉

rOcKeTdOg

you’re going back to gears? those Mayans have a lot to answer for!

Fishd

Meh, I’m looking to change my Singlespeed frame (currently a Sanderson Soloist) to something capable of taking a 1x(9/10) setup for when the mood takes me…

That’s a lovely looking bike.

JoB
    Free Member

after much SS 29ing i put gears on and it’s pretty much the same, but with gears

takisawa2

No shame in it. My Inbred went SS – 1×10 – SS over the last year.

IMAG0481 by pten2106, on Flickr

IMAG0524 by pten2106, on Flickr

IMAG0153 by pten2106, on Flickr

Now toying with building a 1×10 Scandal for next summer. 😉

tk46hal
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong Guys,I did like the S/S, but I kept picking the 3 x 9 green bike with suspension forks every time. Now I can also ride my light weight rigid also!

chainslapp
    Free Member

TK, That looks sh1t mate. 😯 😀 😉

tk46hal
    Free Member

Chainslapper!

Let’s not tell the world that certain people have also gone back to 3 x 9 gears! 😆

chainslapp
    Free Member

No…..lets tell them…………….. its me ……. I have returned to gears on this and will shortly be converting the other bike to gears also. 😆

chainslapp
    Free Member

Oh and BTW, your bike looks even better than before and will be a whole lot more practical for you up “intills” “uptnorth”. 😀

Have your arms grown to reach the bottom of your pockets to pay for that lot??

drofluf
    Free Member

TK despite the ‘growth’ on the rear wheel (which I’m sure can be filed down) a lovely looking bike. What is it?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i’m gonna do the same this year – ss 29er to geared (2×10 prob).

but thats only cos i’m planning on entering the Trans Nepal 8)

rOcKeTdOg

1×9, but the important part is that it’s rigid

365/2 2/1/12 Sunny Muddy Bridleway by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

tk46hal
    Free Member

Chainslapp!

No food for a week and I’m planning on sending the kids out to work to help pay for the bits

tazzymtb

tk46hal- for that abomination i’m not giving you my frame, you’ll do something hideous and wrong to it*!

that bike is now wronger than giving a granny a pearl necklace 😆

* having said that, it may have a new bottom welded to it to make a custom fatbike

tk46hal
    Free Member

Drofluf!

It’s one of the original Scandium Scandals with a tk46hal paint job!

tazzymtb

It’s one of the original Scandium Scandals

in a special umpa lumpa size for the vertically challenged

tk46hal
    Free Member

Tazzy,

Please, please, please, please let me have your frame! 😳

tk46hal
    Free Member

Tazzy,

Got to admit, it does look tiny, but it isn’t as I am 5feet 9inches and a bit tall! 6 feet in the wives heels 😛

chainslapp
    Free Member

in the wives heels

now many wives do you have??

tk46hal
    Free Member

Wife’s! 😳

I’m looking at holiday cottages in France at the same time, multi-tasking!

chainslapp
    Free Member

Phew, I thought you were trying to say you had a wife in every village.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

is giving grannies a pearl necklace wrong?? 😳

Anyway i have gears on the road bike- nice and dry this morning around the lanes of staffordshire 😉 Tazzy how was the slopfest??

tk- be interested in how you get on as Im supposed to be doing the trans -pennine route in the summer and I reckon ss may be a tall order

tazzymtb

Pop was fine, found a new climb that was ace, a real grunter that went on for ages, I was a happy little bunny 😀

shinsplints

Good luck on those fast but ‘optimistic’ tyres ! 😉

tk46hal
    Free Member

Pop!
    I’ll let you know after my ride tomorrow how I find just having a single 32t ring at the front. My only concern will be those granny gear muddy rocky steep climbs we have up north. I’m hoping the 36 at the back will be enough to keep me going with a bit more grunt!

kazafaza
    Free Member

went from SS to 8S, not too many gears for my thumb to hurt before I’ll get to the other end of a cog…

tk46hal
    Free Member

Pop!
    Just got in after a 35 miler and found it brilliant. The 11t at the back, I found almost ample on the fast down hill bits and the 36t at the back a bit harder than normal compared to having a granny, but you just work harder and you get to the top of the hills before everyone else!
    Highly recommended!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘29er Single Speed BACK to 1 x 10 Geared.’ is closed to new replies.