• This topic has 28 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by fizik.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • 29er full suspension for £1700
  • mcdonagh2962
    Free Member

any good end of season deals out there or big discounts , seen lapierre zest 429 for £1650 any thing better ?

Harry_the_Spider

I bought one of these a few months ago for £1600. I like it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

size, travel, geometry, intended use, location etc. or does it just have to cost less than 1700 and have 29″ wheels. If you are lanky or short there will be plenty of online stuff.

Scott is dealer launching 2016 today down under so their sale should be coming up soon.

ross980
    Free Member
    Nonsense
    Free Member

Kona Satori at Rutland £1500 rrp of £2800

I’m really enjoying mine although they’ve put a stupidly tall top cover on the FSA headset so I’m swapping it over to a Hope one off my old bike.

mike399
    Free Member

http://www.onyerbikeonline.com/m1b1s340p2171/WHYTE-T-129-S-2014

Whyte t129s…There may be better deals a out there, and the one above is a 2014, but you get the idea.

angeldust
    Free Member

Harry the Spider…what is the approx weight of the Trigger 4? Looks nice.

Harry_the_Spider

Harry the Spider…what is the approx weight of the Trigger 4? Looks nice.

I have no clue!

Not the lightest bike in the world, but not the heaviest either. It is no Ti race machine but I can’t say that at any point the weight has been noticeable.
    Watch out for the sizing though as it is a bit “short in the cockpit”. After a bit of advice I went for a Large (I’m 5’11”) and it fits me just fine. A medium would be too cramped for me

Northwind

BMC Trailfoxes at Evans- heavy but good.

warns74
    Free Member

The outgoing Alu Stumpy FSR 29er Evos are £1700

granny_ring

I was going to ask you as well Harry!
    Come on, out with the bathroom scales please. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

FFS.

Having spent MY lunchbreak looking for a review of a bike that I already own to get a weight that I don’t care about I came across this review of the 2013.

Review: Cannondale Trigger 29er – A Fast Adjustable Travel All Mountain Bruiser

Weight is around 13.5 kg for the XL size if you can’t be bothered to open it. The 2014 doesn’t have a Lefty.

PayPal gift me for this service. Email in profile.

You’re welcome.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My mate has the X(as big as it gets)L in the top end and it’s a very good weight even with the Hope/Flow upgrade, only downside is it’s so long that he can’t get round a couple of corners locally 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

only downside is it’s so long that he can’t get round a couple of corners locally

True, the large is about 6’6″ long and not the most nimble on the slow twisty stuff. Also, the 740mm bars don’t go between the 735mm handrails on the bridge near me. Hence the bruises on my knees and shoulders.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

he has lobbed 780’s on it cause they work but it’s at the limit of a Thule roof rack for length too, hilarious when you lead him down one of the twisty trails – lot of muttering

Harry_the_Spider

Another review for those that don’t have access to a computer.

http://www.imbikemag.com/issue27/?page=107

Weight of the 2014 is 31 lbs apparently.

Allow me work out what that is in Communist Units for you.

Hang on…

14kg.

Northwind

Just use Chris Porter’s technique for dealing with a bike that’s too long for the job- instantly forget it happened, then write a load of articles about how great it is

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I thought his solution was to declare that it was due to it being not long enough?

granny_ring

LOL cheer up Harry, the afternoon can only get better. 🙂
    What manufacturers ‘claim’ bikes to weigh is often a bit short of the mark hence the question from me too but not to worry.

Harry_the_Spider

If you are close enough to join a Monday Night Pub Ride you can come and have a go on mine.

Bring your own scales.

The 14kg is off a magazine review. Cannondale don’t publish the weight.

Like I said, I haven’t actually noticed how heavy it is and nobody has cried or run away when I’ve passed it over a gate to them.

From a riding point of view it climbs very nicely and descends with more competence than the I do. The “trick” dual position shock actually works very well as long as you remember to change modes.

Marge
    Free Member

I am also looking for 29 full suspension & have an offer for a new Orbea Occam H50 for £850….

I know it’s not best equipped from stock but thinking about it with the plan to upgrade.

Anyone got experience of the Occam?

pro29
    Free Member

I have been floating around on one for a while. Does benefit from fitting a 120mm fork if you are looking to upgrade. Plus you can convert the rear to a 142 thru axle kit which I would recommend.

honourablegeorge

Canyon Nerve AL 8.9 or Spectral AL 29 7.9

drovercycles
    Free Member

We have a very lightly-ridden ex-demo Pyga OneTen which will be going up for sale shortly.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I had a little go on one of these

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOCODX9/on-one-codeine-29-sram-x9-mountain-bike

Seems great for the cash..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Check out Radon Slide at bike discount.de, amazing spec for that money (XT,DT wheels, Reverb Stealth…). None of the big brands come close even after discount.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Double post phonefart.

fizik
    Free Member

On one codeine x9. You can spec this with a reverb and monarch plus or ccdb within your budget. Wheels brakes and gears are solid, even the on one tyres are great. Haven’t had to change anything on mine apart from a range expander out back and tubeless with some gaffer tape (easy with the tyres and rims) you wont get a better specced bike for that money given pikes etc. Ride wise it is an amazing technical climber, quick on the flats and is like a steam train downhill whilst still being nice and poppy/agile in the twisty stuff. Rate mine very highly much better than the orange 5 and nukeproof mega I had before. None of the suggested bikes really come close. Mine is also relatively light, everyone comments how light it rides.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘29er full suspension for £1700’ is closed to new replies.