Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 27.5" forks on a 26" Cotic soul…will I die?
  • PolisherMan

What would happen if I used 26″ wheels? Would it simply mean more tyre clearance and lower the stem height or is it very complicated and throw the geometry out. Would be 120mm forks. Not saying I’m going to just wondering, LBS said he’s done it to a few bikes with no noticeable comments….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Main issue is to work out the Axle to crown length- A-C and see what the frame was designed for

I have gone above it a few times [ on 26 ers] without death so far but once you go silly its like riding a motorbike chopper and loses the front end up climbing.

honourablegeorge

Compare a2c – a lot of newer forks have shorter a2cs than older ones – the 27.5 versions are often only 3/4mm in the difference

raisinhat
    Free Member

I went from fox 36 to a 650b pike and it was about 10mm more, so it depends on the forks you have on already, and if you don’t mind the extra slackness. Your stem height will be a little higher as well. Tbh it’ll probably be absolutely fine unless you are very picky.

kelvin

if you can’t be bothered to do the A-C length maths, just fit forks with 20mm less travel than the frame is rated for.

So, if the frame is max 140mm 26″ fork, it would be wise to fit max 120″ 650b forks.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Works fine for me

cy

What Kelvin said. 27.5 forks are generally 10mm longer than their 26″ counterparts. If you’re running 120mm 27.5 forks on a Soul26 with 26″ wheels that will be fine.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Are some forks such as the Fusion Slant adjustable?

matther01
    Free Member

Slants are height adjustable in increments of 10mm and some of the 26″ versions are 27.5″ compatible (or at least my kashima-esque coated ones were)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘27.5" forks on a 26" Cotic soul…will I die?’ is closed to new replies.