Home Forums Bike Forum 27.5 Plus suspension fork … 3.0 front tyre … options ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 27.5 Plus suspension fork … 3.0 front tyre … options ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just seen the 27.5+ plus thread and it reminded me that I’m looking for a QR 27.5 plus fork that will take a 3.0 front tyre on my Ramin 3+ … its always been rigid but fancy a bit of bounce as I’m getting older !

Not looking at spending big money as I only use the bike now and then bike packing … options please

nixie

If you can goto a 15mm axle then a 29″ pike will take a 3″ 27.5 tyre (so revelations should as well). I ran those (21 model ) and a set of manitou machete comps when I had 27.5+. I think you’d be struggling to find any boost fork (for the tyre clearance) that was qr.

drewd

As above, QR may be a limiting factor. My old Marin Pine Mountain 1 (think it was 2017 model year) came stock with a Rockshox Recon 27.5+/29er boost fork, and easily cleared the 27.5 x 3.0 Nobby Nics that came with the bike. So  boost 29er Rockshox forks are worth looking for.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Cheers for the quick reply’s, I did think I may have to look at going thru axle, I’ll see if I can find out make of hubs etc , its a 2016 Pinnacle ramin 3+ which has served me well and will do for a few more years to come

BearBack
    Free Member

In 2018, Fox made a 34 27.5 Plus fork. It had a wider spaced CSU/lower than regular forks..
    I ran a 3.0 tire on my Solaris Max with that fork, oodles of clearance.
    Gotta be some stock kicking about.

ajantom

Current 27.5 RS Revelations fit a 3″ tyre easily. They are thru axle though.

I got some from Alpkit for £180 earlier in the year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.