Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 26 back to 29er, big shock!
  • 69er
    Free Member

Rode my geared, front suspended Explosif today in preparartion for the 12/24. This year I've mainly been riding my Unit 29er (rigid), and roadbike for 1000's of miles as I've just done La Marmotte.

And the difference going back to a small wheeled bike is astounding. This is a bike I've ridden countless MTB Marathons on, raced, and vowed to myself never to sell. We've been through a lot together…. But today it felt like shite!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

69er
    Free Member

Title is arse about face….you know what I mean. Where's the preview button gone???

Stoner
    Free Member

I tried to ride a 26er the other day.

Damn near killed myself. They handle all wrong 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Yep had exactly the same experence when i got back on my 26" wheeled bike after 2 months of riding a 29er, sluggish, unbalanced and just felt all wrong even in tight singletrack where the 'non believers' say that small wheels are better.

Have vowed NEVER to ride a normal bike again unless forced to 👿

Sam

I really had to force myself to go out and test the (26" wheeled) Hummingbird. It was quite fun in a wheelie-ey jumpy sort of way but I certainly wouldn't want to go back to riding them all the time. Just do 24/12 on the Unit? No fear, there will be lots of other big wheeled ssers out there – well I know of at least four…

bonesetter
    Free Member

Have vowed NEVER to ride a normal [*cough* don't you mean ab…?] bike again unless forced to

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I rode a mates Orange the other day down a flight of stairs, them tiny so called normal wheels just don't feel safe at all?

bedmaker

I also had 'the bike I'd never sell' a lovely Litespeed.
    Then I got a cheap and cheerful Inbred 29er which was just better at everything.
    Still remember well the last ride on my Litespeed thinking, 'this is crap, I feel perched up on top of this thing and these wee wheels keep hooking up on rocks and roots and it's NOT better at techy singletrack like the guy on singletrackworld said it is.'
    Stripped it, flogged it, got a Ti29er and all is well.

69er
    Free Member

I knew i shouldn't have checked back on this thread. I feel a need for a Ti On One 29er. Must resist… Does Brant do the cycle to work scheme?!

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

on one isnt Brant anymore, he does Ragley bikes now, also very nice, i would have thought he will do C2W?

69er
    Free Member

I'm so out of touch. 😳

brant
    Free Member

i would have thought he will do C2W?

One of our dealers will.

Though I've not finished our first 29in production model yet.

snakester
    Free Member

In the process of getting rid of all my 26er stuff!

Clink

I knew i shouldn't have checked back on this thread. I feel a need for a Ti On One 29er. Must resist…

..highly recommended! 😀

bedmaker

Got mine on cyclescheme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘26 back to 29er, big shock!’ is closed to new replies.