Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 26" 100mm forks needed
  • mattyfez

Hi all,

can anyone commetn on what out of the below they would go for, or anytghing better for same price?
    Needs to be
    100mm
    QR
    disk mount
    straight steer

Rockshox tk gold

Suntour epixon

Thanks

mattyfez

Thanks, the cheaper tk silver is better than the tk gold?

Sawyer
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 26″ 100mm Rebas in the garage somewhere if they’re of any help.

kayla1
    Free Member

Suntour Epicon/Epixon over the RS all day long- why pay more for skinnier stanchions and a badge?

mattyfez

Possibly, i’ve been struggling with 2nd hand stuff though as im tall, 22″ frame and lots of spacers on steerer, so idealy needs a very long or uncut steer tube?

mattyfez

The Stantions on the epixon look petter coating too, think I might go with that.

BoardinBob

Thanks, the cheaper tk silver is better than the tk gold?

I’m a bit out of touch with bottom of the range Rockshox stuff but I believe in the product lineup Recon > TK, although their could be overlap depending on how good well specced each fork was.

Generally though I ran a Recon years ago and it was a lovely fork

jtintheuk
    Free Member

Sawyer – “I’ve got a set of 26″ 100mm Rebas in the garage somewhere if they’re of any help”

Might be interested in these for my daughters bike build, if mattyfez not interested. Could you let me know. Email in profile. Thank you.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Ah I think mine have a fairly aggressively cut steerer so they would be unlikely to work.

mattyfez

Went for a new set of epixon in the end, finding a long steerer second hand in good condition is too much like hard work, so if the other guy wants your rebas feel free.

Cheers

mattyfez

Update, got some epxicon fitted, 120mm which is longer than my original xcm which were 80 or 100mm, can’t remember.. First impressions, very good, much less chatter through the bars and I don’t feel like I’m going to be thrown off and hang on for dear life nearly as often.

Not really set them up yet, dampers just set central, and sag is probably too much at about 4cm, that said I guess that’s not bad given the longer fork so the head tube angle isn’t too extreme.

It’s also kinda solved another cockpit problem I had, my reach was a teeny bit stretched and the bars a teeny bit low so I’ve had in the back of my mind for a while to get a slightly shorter slightly steeper stem, but the longer fork seems to have taken care of that nicely!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘26" 100mm forks needed’ is closed to new replies.