Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 429 total)
  • 2021 Chub Club
  • northernmatt

Actually thinking about it a 0.5kg increase under those circumstances isn’t too bad!

A big poo before weigh in will get that 0.5kg off

austy
    Free Member

I going to join the club late too but I was following the chub clubs last year as inspiration and lost a stone and a half in 2020.

Been going the wrong direction since Christmas.

Things that have worked for me are my fitness pal, seeing how much I eat was an eye opener. Feeling hungry is OK,cut out the late night bowls of cereal and had to retune the mind and ask do I need this food as opposed to want it.

I found my weight fluctuated as I went along but there was a downward trend, don’t beat yourself up about a little gain here or there.

gozarch
    Free Member

1.3kgs down for me. Not much in the way of exercise, so down to water, dry January, and back on a low GI diet. Still a long way to go.

Robz
    Free Member

The old adage – “you can’t out-train a bad diet” – is very typically very true.

You don’t need to exercise every day to lose weight if you manage what you eat and drink properly.

MoreCashThanDash

Lost 200g. After a big poo.

On not much “serious” exercise and a lot of Christmas treats to work through, I’ll take that.

reluctantjumper

A big poo before weigh in will get that 0.5kg off

It WAS after a big poo!

Pierre

I’m in, but going to be off to a slow start as I had The Covid just after Christmas and still can’t really breathe properly. So I’m basically not exercising and eating more than I should. Which is not the best way to start Chub Club…!

dannybgoode

Well week 1 and target loss achieved. I’ve take that for now but most of the loss was early on in the week and stalled a bit Weds onwards so need to work on that.

Have cut down fairly significantly on the crap intake though and exercise is up. Just trying not to do too much too soon whilst still nibbling away at the weight.

uggski

Disappointed but not surprised after Xmas. Still loads of junk food left from Xmas. So true what someone said. If you don’t buy it you can’t eat it. So eaten more than I should and got out less than I should. 🙁

Hopefully just a glitch due to the time of year but will get back n track

simondbarnes

It’s cold and I’m tired so I’m eating pizza. It’s got veg on it 😉

doublezero
    Free Member

400g

I was worried that I was going to weigh more than I started, Christmas cake and pudding is no more, but I’m finding I’m really hungry in the evening between 8 & 9 trying to eat fruit instead of crisps. Not sure that will last fotr lang.

dannybgoode

Signed back up with My Fitness Pal as I realised whilst I am definitely eating less I am not properly aware of my calorie intake and in the past, particularly when exercising as well, I sometimes under-ate and this led to a kind of build up of hunger and I would then binge for a few days and undo the all the hard work. Then I would get de-motivated and give up for another year.

See how it goes and if it helps maintain a steady, sensible downward trend then all is good 🙂

dantsw13

Anything that makes you aware, and prompts a positive choice in food is a good thing.

dannybgoode

@dantsw13 – I am also interested to see how accurate it is in terms of determining what my calorie intake should be to lose a certain amount of weight and also how accurate is my Garmin is in awarding me extra calories following workouts.

I know it isn’t going to be absolutely bang on, particularly the Garmin side but it would be good to know if it’s in the ballpark – especially when it comes to maintaining a weight once I achieve my target 🙂

toby1

but I’m finding I’m really hungry in the evening between 8 & 9 trying to eat fruit instead of crisps

When I was really working on losing weight I’d make snack pots up of Pepper, Carrot, Tomato, Celery and some unsalted nuts if I was treating myself!

If it’s genuine hunger rather than just boredom this will help, if it’s a sugar craving, boredom, or something else it’ll soon be apparent.

It’s not fun food, but it will sustain you.

dantsw13

Garmin calorie counts can be way off. The Garmin says twice what Strava does.

I see my diet as a series of small choices that adds up. Every good choice I make means I’m better off than I would otherwise be.

dantsw13

I find if I’m really hungry in the evening I go to bed. Surprisingly you wake up feeling fine.

dannybgoode

@dantsw13 – Is there a way of telling whether it is Garmin that is off or Strava? I suspect if you averaged the two you’d be close to the mark.

So far though my Garmin seems to be pretty close to what my Apple Watch gave so will be interesting to see how it pans out. I will put it up against my Wahoo Elemnt as well and see how they match up 🙂

dantsw13

It was a few years back & the Garmin seemed obviously excessive, but they may have sorted their algorithms now.

ash.addy
    Free Member

I ve just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I’m therefore on a low sugar low fat diet with complex carbs. I’m finding porridge really good for filling me up. I’ve cut out butter/spread as well as white bread. The diabetic nurse told me that fruit was ok and specially citrus, but bananas and grapes were full of sugar. I was weighed in the surgery and it was over what I thought but three weeks in to the new diet and I feel like I’ve lost weight but not going to weigh again until I’m in to the diet for a bit longer. I’ve got a couple of frames to build but feel safer on the spin bike for the moment.

longdog
    Free Member

Down 1.3kg this week. Very pleased with that 😁👍

Sticking to around 2000 cals but sometimes up to 2400 to fuel workouts. Tracking with mfp.

dannybgoode

@longdog. Yes I am similarly pleased with how this week has gone now I’m tracking intake via MFP. 1.4kg down and haven’t felt overly hungry during the day and when I have I’ve grabbed an apple or satsuma.

I still allow myself the odd treat too, a snack sized snickers or something but the big cut back for me is cereal. I used to have a huge bowl in the morning and, having looked on MFP it must have been coming on for 1000 calories so I’ve halved that for starters.

The key for me will be keeping this up for me than a few weeks. I’m good at doing this kind of thing in fits and starts but sustaining it and really hunkering down to get to my year end target of 82kg is not something I’ve yet achieved.

northernmatt

After a week of not trying that hard I’m down 1kg. No beer has helped plus snacks have been fruit instead of crisps or cheese. No exercise to speak of, need to get my arse in gear on that front.

I say 1kg but my scales are being weird. Last week in old money I was 16st 6lb but in new money it said 102.9kg so it overread in st/lbs. This week its the other way round by around a pound. Need to figure out which is more accurate by weighing the wife to see if its out for her as well.

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers Dannybegoode and well done you two. Busy day today out on the hill for work, so probably a post weigh in takeaway treat for tea tonight

petrieboy

2.5kg off this week. Got to say, it’s a lot easier to eat well working from home rather than breakfast in the car and lunch in the office canteen

reluctantjumper

Lost 0.8kg this week so down to 79.2kg, puts me back on track if I can keep it up.

I used to have a huge bowl in the morning and, having looked on MFP it must have been coming on for 1000 calories so I’ve halved that for starters.

I spotted the same so have cut back from 3 Weetabix to 2 and I don’t feel any more hungry so that 3rd biscuit wasn’t doing anything worthwhile.

stanley

Another 1.7kg this week. Happy with that!
    Thanks again to Coconut for organizing this; I’m finding it really helpful. Cheers!

coconut
    Free Member

Thanks Stanley, all are welcome and it’s not too late to join. The big final date is 2nd April, there’s still time.

For any late joiners: “insert a row, enter your details and pull the formula down”. I’m down 1kg this week, no alcohol certainly helps.

stumpy01

Well, I dropped 100grams this week 🙂

I blame the flapjack that my Wife & daughter made at the start of the week!

doomanic

I’m up 0.9 KG this week…

At least all the Xmas snack food has gone and there’s no more ice cream in the freezer. Hopefully I’ll actually lose some weight next week.

MoreCashThanDash

Up one whole kg this week. Not enough exercise in the icy weather.

Hopefully next week will offer better weather. And there are a lot less Christmas leftovers in the cupboard now 🤦‍♂️

tagnut69
    Free Member

Managed another 1kg this week, but somehow I doubt my scales seeing as on wednesday I had gained 3kg since last friday.

toby1

Down a minuscule 100g this week, that’s just a glass of water really. Still post birthday doughnuts just arrived, so almost definitely a gain next week!

Oh and bump for the afternoon crowd.

cheers_drive

0.7kg this week, not bad considering still no exercise.
    The urge to drink myself into a stupor due to the weather, darkness and the news is very hard to fight but I’m managing it so far.

corroded
    Free Member

A massive 400g off this week. Which, given that I’ve done zero exercise, apart from a couple of walks, and not changed what I eat at all, isn’t too bad. Hoping the weather perks up soon.

oldnick

Lost a bit, without the assistance of the trots 🙂

I did weaken yesterday and bought a tub of those small Tunnocks biscuits, then I felt so guilty I’ve only eaten half of them – a miracle of self control. Part of which is leaving them in the car so I limit my exposure to temptation 🙂

juanking

Down .4kg this week which is diet and no booze driven. The weather here as been atrocious so very little exercise but that will ramp up once the ice goes. Keep it up boys!

dannybgoode

Well that was a pleasant surprise. Been so good the last couple of weeks I treated myself to a curry and thought stuff it, I’m gong I eat the lot.

Dished it up and got half way through before deciding I was absolutely stuffed. That’s never happened to me before! Guess my body really is getting used to less food…

spooky_b329

I’ve snapped my singlespeed sprocket and then cracked one of the bottom bracket cups the day after (and ordered the wrong replacement)

Hopefully a couple of lazy rides with gears will keep today’s fruit and biscuit Yorkie bar and tomorrow’s breakfast waffles in check!

uggski

Down a bit. It’s a start 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 429 total)

The topic ‘2021 Chub Club’ is closed to new replies.