Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 429 total)
  • 2021 Chub Club
  • austy
    Free Member

Maybe a good watch about fat loss full enclosure of meals exercise psychology.

blitz

Nothing lost this week but expected after 5lb in week 1 and having my wife’s birthday (Chinese and wine 😩). Hoping for a better week this week starting with a 10k run this morning.

doublezero
    Free Member

Not a great week for me, the dog had a hip replacement and his femur broke while in recuperation luckily, his leg was saved wired up pinned and plated but excerise for the pair of us has been put on the back burner while he recovers

stumpyjon

106kg on New Years Eve, down to around 103 now, exercised 9 days out of 15 so fairly happy with the start. Long way to go yet, need to address the quality of food as well as quantity.

Frankers
    Free Member

A little late joining the club but all weight info is correct as have been weighing myself since mid December. Long/Mid term target weight is 12stone (76kg) which I’m planning to reach by my 51st birthday in July.

dannybgoode

Had a blow-out at the weekend but happy to say I am back on track so far this week. It is so hard though, Mrs D likes to keep a stash of chocolate in the fridge and I have such a sweet tooth. That said, after a good exercise session (ie a proper workout and not just a traipse round the block with the dogs) I treat myself to a snack sized Snickers and it tastes sooooooo good. Definitely get more enjoyment out of a treat than just eating them as and when I please.

Will be interesting to see what the weight is this week. I am already the lightest I’ve been since last October and heading down below my absolute danger weight of 17st (ie if I go above 17st ever I know I really need to sit up and take notice).

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

80KG.Could some kind soul stick it up on the board for me
    I think I,m going to struggle with this challenge.

blitz

Another 1kg down. 3kg total. Very pleased with that. Have started to feel it in clothes now.

doomanic

The weight loss has finally started! 2.5KG down this week.

cheers_drive

Just 100g this week. I feel better though and I actually did some exercise for the first time this year

coconut
    Free Member

grrr… up 0.5kg this week 🙁 but key is whether you are hitting the weekly average target.

oldnick

I’ve lost 5.4 Kg since the start, none of it off my muffin tops or jowls though, so 🙂 & 🙁

Fell off the wagon earlier in the week and snarfed a tub of those mini Tunnocks biscuits, I felt like a guilty dog who got caught stealing food.

olddog

Up this week on daily measure but weekly average is the same as last week – didn’t taper properly for the weigh-in 🙂

longdog
    Free Member

1.9kg down this week 😱 was expecting just over 1kg, but that is massive. Some busy days though and Wednesday was a long one on the hill for work.

austy
    Free Member

I’m back on track weight loss is week. Only problem being pinged on covid app to self isolate. Was hoping to get out on the bike. Looks like I. Joe Wickes’ing it with the daughter for her pe lesson.

stumpyjon

Down 4kg from the start and about 1kg this week, easier to keep motivation when it’s like this, it becomes hard in late Feb / March when the reductions are less. I try not to diet as such, e.g. had an Indian take away last night, but only ate bought two thirds, the rest is in the fridge for lunch. It’s all about the exercise with me which ironically I find easier when it’s dark and the weather is pants.

stanley

Slightly disappointed with this week’s loss. I’m beginning to feel lighter, better and my trousers are becoming more comfortable… but just -0.3Kg this week.
    Still, that’s 4.6Kg down from the beginning 🙂

dannybgoode

Slightly short of the weekly target but overall well on track and still lost nearly a kilo this week and 3.5kg since the start so got to be happy. Have slightly overdone the treats Weds/Thurs though so just need to make sure I don’t let the chocolate intake slowly creep up too much.

Exercise levels remain steady though and I’m started to feel a little stronger and fitter without having blown already. Little and often is key for me at the moment here still but building up some more strenuous routines as well.

petrieboy

1.9kg off this week brings me to 92.6 so 1 stone off which feels like a milestone!

Just sticking to proper meals and avoiding unnecessary calories in the ingredients means I’ve been eating really well, haven’t been hungry and have easily been under target calories every day. I’ve had a roast dinner, steak and an awesome curry this week!

northernmatt

Minimal change of +0.1kg this week. Would probably have been a negative but the wife talked me into a Dominos last night. If I was still on the beer it would be much worse.

rhinofive

bit more off this week, and for the first time last night had an epiphany of realising I was enjoying feeling hungry

well done everyone, keep it going……

reluctantjumper

Only a 0.1kg decrease this week but I was down to 78.6kg on Thursday morning. Two days of looking after my parents and eating the cake mum cooked for me plus a takeaway last night bumped me back up. Lots of training planned for the next few weeks though so should get that extra burned off in no time.

stumpy01

Down 0.7kg today to 74.0kg.

Total of 2.2kg so far, which I’m quite pleased with. Aim is 70kg, which I haven’t managed after years of trying. I get to 73kg and my weight loss doesn’t move…

If i get to 70kg by end of April I’ll be well chuffed. If I carry on at the rate I’m going it’ll be before end of March, but don’t think that is realistic.

uggski

Stayed the same. But the main thing is all the Christmas junk food is finished. So as someone said before. If you don’t have it, you can’t eat it.

Hopefully more riding from now on will help as well.

MoreCashThanDash

Stayed the same. But the main thing is all the Christmas junk food is finished. So as someone said before. If you don’t have it, you can’t eat it.

Hopefully more riding from now on will help as well.

Are you me? 😆

Belated weigh in this morning, same weight as last week – given dodgy cupboard emptying diet and lack of riding due to ice and floods, I’ll take that!

markgraylish
    Free Member

Is anyone using My Fitness Pal or similar to track food/drink intake?

I tried it for a short period of time last year but got fed up of the invasive adverts and didn’t want to pay for a subscription as I was just curious (I’m not serious enough to justify a monthly subscription).

Anyway, I liked that you could scan barcodes and I’m just wondering whether there’s anything similar out there I could use instead. MFP don’t state what the subscription cost is, so that automatically makes my suspicious that it’s not cheap!
    Ideally, Id like something that links to Garmin Connect. Don’t mind paying a nominal one off or small recurring fees…

jodafett

MFP is £7.99 p/m. I used it during the christmas chub club and helped me stay on track. I’ve stopped it now as I seem to have better habits now (ish!).

doomanic

I used to use MFP but had to pay to adjust the macros to suit a Keto diet so I now use Carb Manager (which can also be set for more “normal” dietary requirements) and is free with only the occasional nudge to buy the premium version for better macro tracking.

austy
    Free Member

Still on mfp free version get very few adverts, using it for a year so far.

longdog
    Free Member

I have free MFP and you can adjust your macros in ‘nutrition goals’ , it’s not locked.

Go to Goals… Nutrition goals… calorie, carbs, protein and fat goals. Click and change them to what you want.

mau00149
    Free Member

I’ve used mfp over several years. Just use the free version and as a general guide for calories in calories burnt. Generally more about awareness of what calories are actually in items and portion control. I don’t get caught up with the macro nutrients etc and it has worked for me. When I’ve stopped in the past, I slowly drift to bad habits and gradually over indulge.

Never been bothered by ads etc.

doomanic

@longdog, I needed use a free premium trial to do it last time I tried.

longdog
    Free Member

OK, bit it’s worked like that on mine for free for years. I’m on android, not sure if that makes a difference?

longdog
    Free Member

OK, but it’s worked like that on mine for free for years. I’m on android, not sure if that makes a difference?

Markie
    Free Member

Apologies for this, sat here at peak lifetime weight (starting zwifting a week or two back, the hearrate monitor strap does a great job of providing a ‘hello boys’ look) idly browsing, just wondered when the next sign up window for Chub Club might be?

Hope all going well!

oldnick

Bugger. I think this week has seen the arrival of the plateau 🙁

Markie, won’t the spreadsheet let you just join in now?

Frankers
    Free Member

It’s been an average week for exercise due to the snow, but have ate healthily. However, I’ve definitely arrived on the plateau as my weight hasn’t hardly moved all week. Lets see what next week brings 🙂

doomanic

0.9KG down this week, the diet continues apace.

Hopefully my dumbbells and TRS straps will turn up soon so I can get back to exercising indoors as well.

stanley

Another 0.6kg off this week. Felt ill after having the covid vaccine and did a bit of comfort eating… so really happy that I’ve still managed a loss. Managed to cycle twice, and did two resistance band workouts. Feeling good!

longdog
    Free Member

Only 0.5kg this week despite similar food and exercise, but still happy as last week’s was unexpectedly large.
    I’m a little ‘backed up’ so that could change rapidly.

Daft question, but how much does realistically inflammation affect scale weight? I suffer a fair bit after training particularly with my (not insubstantial) thighs getting very sore and feeling and looking swollen.

Anyway good luck to youse all 👍

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 429 total)

The topic ‘2021 Chub Club’ is closed to new replies.