Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 429 total)
  • 2021 Chub Club
  • coconut
    Free Member

Yep…. It’s here folks. Set your target weight for 2nd April 2021. First weigh in New Years Day!
    (anyone can join – insert a row, add name in column “A”, drag formula in column “D” down).

2021 is going to be a good year 🙂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1thuvaXDNde7gZPSTH6r7kg57LjARuyBWOp7lB1zh_gc/edit#gid=0

Kato

My 2 year old laughed at my belly today. I am now suitably motivated

jodafett

My 2 year old laughed at my belly today.

Last year my 11yr old son gave my wife a hug. I saw him adjust his grip from holding a wrist to clasping his hands together. I had the sudden realisation that he was comparing our waist sizes. When I asked him if this was the case he looked rather sheepish but admitted that it was! I’ve been on a diet ever since 😂😳. Count me in. Aiming for 75kg this year.

coconut
    Free Member

The more the better, all welcome.

justmoochingalong

I’m in!

After losing nearly 4 stone during the second half of 2019, I’ve gained 1 and a half back in 2020.

Hope it goes well for everyone.

Wally

Coconut: Brilliant, I’m in. Very timely for me, thanks for taking your time out to organise this, greatly appreciated.

simonalex99

I’m in, want to lose 15-20 pound. Haven’t been too indulgent at Christmas and nor at new year Eve/day – going to be good 🙂

dirkpitt74

Thanks for doing this – a bit of extra motivation 👍

MarkyG82

Have put my name down. Only 3 and bit kg to lose by April but a further 5 by the end of the year.

tagnut69
    Free Member

I’m in again, slightly heavier than this time last year though. I will blame covid though as the kids were at home I could not get out to ride, that and the fortnightly deliveries from virgin wines

juanking

Hell yeah. I’ve fully accepted I’m eating and drinking what I desire this week and will deal with the fall out in the new year. Dropped 11kg this year and want to drop another 8kg next year taking my overall weight down to a target of 80kg.

mmcd

In, aiming for -12 kg which is 10%

stanley

I’m in. Determined that 2021 will be the year I get properly fit again!

dannybgoode

Oh god, another year another Chubb Club. I start the year with such good intentions but 2021 I really have to shift some tonnage.

Cardio -wise I’m actually not too bad but am very definitely overweight and it has to change!

coconut
    Free Member

Just adjusted the “weekly average loss” forumla slightly, this one runs over 13 weeks to the 2nd April.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I’m in. Slow but steady. I have a written request from my knee to “do what I can” !

uggski

In for a penny in for a pound.

MoreCashThanDash

I ought to really, but there’s a lot of calories around the house that need finishing off first…..

funkrodent

I’m in. Its yo-yoed a bit this year. I’m with dannybgoode on this, cardio not too bad but carrying excess timber and like stripeysocks my joints are begging for mercy. Not looking forward to the weigh in on the 1st, gonna be a big ol number..

handybar
    Free Member

Pubs are shut and I don’t drink at home, so hoping that will cut out some calories, has always been the most direct route for losing weight for me.

cheers_drive

I’ll be signing up as I do every year. I’ll then lose lots of weight in January put it on over the next 2 months and end the year a few kg more than the year before.
    Seriously though, young kids and a new car commute has killed my cycling time and I’ve been reaching for far too many bad stacks. For the first time ever I look fat and I get out of breathe doing simple things. I’ve got to change

lambchop
    Free Member

I’m in. I want to shed 7kg. Low carb and intermittent fasting is the plan. Been doing IF for a couple of months and it had been working (until Christmas) However I’ve just been furloughed for the first time (Center Parcs employee) and I think it’s going to be harder doing IF while at home. Anyway started yesterday with a 24hr fast which ends in 2 hours! Then it’s 18:6 weekdays.

longdog
    Free Member

I’m in, yet again, almost at my lifetime high after mental and physical health issues the last couple of years where I’ve put on 31kg 🤬

I’m so fekked off with it and not made easier that the amount of exercise I can handle is limited. What goes in my gon hasn’t been so limited 🙄

Starting today. I’m 121.3kg jeez my poor bloody body. 100kg by easter would be great. 90kg again is my final goal as I am a 6′ large framed guy with size 13 feet. 90kg is maybe 15%bf.

dannybgoode

@funkrodent – 114kg this morning! I am well over 6’ though so not hideously hideous though. Can still run 5km in under 30 mins though and do a day’s cycling. Could be properly quick if I was at my fighting weight!

simondbarnes

I’ve avoided this for years. My weight has gone up and down over a 20kg range in that time. Currently a couple of kilos above the lower end of that range but still 7kg heavier than I’d like to be (and I haven’t been that light for probably 20 years)
    I’ll decide by Friday whether I’m in or not!

dantsw13

2020 has been a year of missed opportunities and excuses. Joining STW CC21 has made me go out on my bike NOW!!!

reluctantjumper

After seeing such good results from the Christmas Chib Club (in physique rather than actual weight loss) I’m in on this. Going to get down to the low 70’s and need to get my fitness dialled for a SDW attempt so this is perfect motivation to work towards that and be ready to go at the first suitable opportunity.

Anything below 75kg will be a win as I was 86kg by the end of last summer!

doomanic

2020 was good to me, weight and fitness wise, right up until my Dad died and then I fell firmly off the wagon. I’m not even trying this week, but will be back on it with a vengance from Jan 2nd.

I’m aiming for a BMI of 25 (I know the BMI scale is flawed, but it makes for a good target) which is about 78KG. Probably around 90 at the moment after dropping from 118 to 83 this year so I know it’s doable, I just need to knuckle down and stick to the diet.

funkrodent

@dannybgoode

114 eh? Reckon I’ll be giving you a run for yer dosh. I’m 6’4″ though, so as long as I remember to suck my tummy in at all times I can kinda get away with it. My knees aren’t fooled though, them and me ankles are waking me at night, telling me I’m a **** and that I need to shed the dead(weight).

I’m waiting until Jan 1st until I inflict the mockery from the scales upon myself. And on the basis that the higher the starting number, the bigger the potential percentage weight loss – this is a competition right? – I’m piling into leftovers and cake..

MoreCashThanDash

I’m in – determined to get down to 12 stone this year, for my riding and my wider health.

Just as soon as I’ve cleared up the Christmas chocolates etc….

stanley

lol@ funkrodent… I’m thinking along similar lines!
    I had a sneaky weigh-in today… 83.5kg… a record high for me! I reckon the first week will see a decent loss before the hard work begins 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,d like to join in but the spreadsheet doesn’t seem to work on my phone🤔

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind but I,m using an Android phone.

coconut
    Free Member

I added you “monkeycmonkeydo” – What’s your target for 2nd April ?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Do I need to download an app on my phone?

rhinofive

I’m assuming my required weekly weight loss being coloured in blue is a marker for over-optimistic bullshine?

EDIT – some magic seems to have happened and its now just over-optimistic but in black

FB-ATB

@lambchop, I started IF while WFH in lockdown 1. I planned to initially try delaying first eating by an hour each day to build up to first food at lunchtime. On the first day, got past the first hr ok and made it to 1pm lunch.
    I thought if I caved in, there was healthier options at home rather than the vending machine and canteen.
    I went from 86kg to 70kg by Sep.a new job with long hrs cut down exercise then Covid diagnosis in Dec saw a lot of comfort eating so I’m gonna be back in the club!
    You can check out, but you can’t leave Chub Club.

coconut
    Free Member

Do I need to download an app on my phone?

Hi, the spreadsheet is a “Google Sheets” file, hopefully everyone can see and edit, the issue maybe with your phone/Google (definitely no App required). We will complete column “B” on New Years Day. Nice to see a good sign up for 2021. There’s a few big hitters this time going for >1.5kg per week, every week for 13weeks 🙂 2021 is the year to turn it around.

stumpy01

Just signed up. I’ve not done it before, but for about the last 5 years I have wanted to get down to 70kg. I have sometimes got close, but never actually got there.
    This year I seem to have left myself splurge extra early for Christmas and there has been the normal amount of booze and chocs but with no one around to share it with!
    I don’t think my New Year’s day weigh-in will be great news…

Eventually I wanna get down probably to about 67kg, but 70 is a good starting point I think.

doublezero
    Free Member

Just signed up after changing the batteries on the bathroom scales I got a shock, heaviest I’ve ever been.

First time I’ve properly tried to lose weight so will be interested in the results.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 429 total)

The topic ‘2021 Chub Club’ is closed to new replies.