Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 429 total)
  • 2021 Chub Club
  • jodafett

An increase this week (again). I’ve discovered that the medication I’m on for the rest of my life can cause weight gain. I’ve been knocking my pan in exercise wise but getting nowhere! Time for a rethink!

didnthurt

Weight is pretty much the same again this week. I think I’m doing something wrong with my diet. I think I need to eat more veg and protein. According to my fitness Pal my calories are in are less than what I’m burning but it would seem that these calories are carb heavy.

Another 3 weeks of this training plan and then it’s a rest week. Followed by a dedicated 6 week weight loss period, just need to adjust my diet to try to maintain all the gains whilst losing fat. 🤞

stumpyjon

Yeah I’m coming to the conclusion exercise isn’t enough, serious calorie reduction is also needed.

olddog

Yeah I’m coming to the conclusion exercise isn’t enough, serious calorie reduction is also needed.

I think I came to this conclusion a while ago. Exercise is important for all sorts of benefits to do with efficient CV function, controlling damaging inflammatory hormone responses, mental health etc.

But losing weight is really about significantly cutting energy input.

coconut
    Free Member

I agree, for me a big part of it is cutting out Alcohol, refined sugar and lowering food/calorie intake. I think exercise forms about 50% of the weight loss process/plan.

spooky_b329

I’ve gone up again, I’ve done 180 hilly singlespeed miles in the last fortnight…suspect it’s making me hungry enough to offset it!

longdog
    Free Member

Down 1.2kg this week 😁 Been able to get some more exercise in this week with my knee and back behaving a bit better.

coconut
    Free Member

Morning all, 6 weeks to go from today…. it’s all still possible. I’m down 0.6kg this week, knocked sugar, dairy & alcohol on the head and that really helps.

stumpyjon

Well done longdog, I think for me it’ll either be same again for the 3rd week or a modest 100g lighter. On the upside I’m definitely fitter than I’ve been in a long time, did a road ride last Sunday with a massive hill, 1000ft in 3 miles and didn’t stop (or throw up) and managed a PB on the exercise bike, beating my previous distance record from 10 years ago.

reluctantjumper

Another 200g lost this week, steady progress down and it should continue as we’re opening up from tomorrow so big rides are an option again. Would have been a bigger loss this week but I bought the easter eggs for the family on Tuesday and I can never resist having one or two for myself!

MoreCashThanDash

82.8kg this week. I have lost 200g since the start. 🤦‍♂️

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers Stumpyjohn. Always some trepidation stepping on the scales even when you’re sure you’ve been doing the right things.

Just got to keep trying to do the right things and reassess if things aren’t heading in the right direction.

stanley

Right… after a not-so-great couple of weeks, I’m back on it.
    Determined to keep the weight going in the right direction now!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Last push now!
    Weight is getting pretty close to what I think the crappy joints would prefer.

I *still* feel like I’m hauling lead though, so (oh god no!) have got some leucine powder to have after workouts, have taken up a bit of weight training and started a 6 week course of good old spatone in case the issue is iron levels. See how I feel after a month or 2 of that…

dannybgoode

Last week was the first week of being up a smidge however I have been eating my way through Covid. Feel pretty grim and I ain’t dieting whilst I am feeling this poorly! If I can come out the other side just a shade up I will be happy :).

And I think I can still hit my goal assuming I recover enough to resume exercise in the next few days…

longdog
    Free Member

Suspiciously exactly the same weight after a week of similar calories and exercise 🙄

It is what it is on the scales, but pretty sure I’m seeing a visible difference. I did eat more bready carbs yesterday than usual (still within calories), so could just be more water held in with them. Yet to poo too!

Exercise has been a struggle with my false knee flaring up after a decent ride last Saturday, but still done about 8.5 hours between cycling walking and swimming since last weigh in.

Hopefully I’ll get a ‘whoosh’ for next weigh in. Best of luck everyone👍

Robz
    Free Member

I have plateaued for a couple of weeks now but consciously took a few days off the food and drink tracking last weekend to celebrate my wife’s birthday so not too worried. Enjoyed some wine, crisps, cake, pizza and Indian food and feel all the better for it.

Still did loads of exercise to offset though…

Back to plan on Monday, weighted myself today and surprised to find myself lighter than before the food holiday. I guess the metabolism enjoyed the kick start too.

reluctantjumper

0.5kg gain this week, though was expecting it! Have been doing the rounds of family and friends for Easter all week so the chocolate intake has gone up a week earlier than it should, we all agreed to avoid trying to do it all over the weekend. With that all over and done with it should be a straight run to the new end of May 7th.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Sort of at goal weight but that’s, you know, after a gazillion poos and no breakfast, and a run. Hoping to get to the point where I can weigh myself any morning and be at or under goal weight, by May 7th.
    Eating masses of chocolate yesterday may have helped as it killed any desire to eat more for a good long while 🤢

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I didn’t sign up to this edition of fatbusters but since the beginning of February I’ve gone from 113.4 down to 103.8kg on the “mostly keto” diet, it’s the lightest I’ve been in years so pretty chuffed. Pretty much no exercise either as I’m still messed up from long covid.

uggski

Lost half a kilo. Going down slowly weight wise but see to have gone down half a size on my waist as the Madison shorts that were a tad tight are a bit loose now enen after cinching them up as much as possible.

stumpyjon

Down a bit, 400 grams, beer and takeaway last night didn’t help. Still heading down though. Been harder over the last week keeping momentum and I’m on holiday for the next week, need to keep the exercise up and snacking down. Weather isn’t helping, really cold and overcast with quite a strong westerly breeze made rising a lot less fun.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Fell off the wagon with a huge bump over the BH – cake! Chocolate! Wine! Toast! I mean, not to any sort of wild excess, but I find these days I have to just see a sugarlump out of the corner of my eye to put on a kilogram.
    Planning to do a lot of walking this week though so … Yeah I think time to put the rest of the chocolate in the freezer.

longdog
    Free Member

Down 0.7kg or 1.5lbs this week, happy with that considering my quad tendon is stopping play with any meaningful exercise at the moment.

Anyone had quad/patella tendonosis issues with any advice? Mine’s not been right since partial knee replacement 2.5 years back.

Currently stretching quads, hams and calf’s and doing slant board eccentrics and wall sits. Been trying an easy 30min spin on the turbo occasionally, but not sure if that’s a good thing.

Trying not to over do it on the rehab exercises too though which is hard given its about all I’m doing!

coconut
    Free Member

down about 0.6kg this week, pleasantly surprised after the Easter weekend 🙂

reluctantjumper

79.9kg this morning, Easter has been cruel. Basically back at my starting weight! Hopefully I can burn it off quickly,

ernie67

Damn you Bank Holiday !!
    Pretty much ate and drank what i wanted for 5 days, so no surprise at a gain again despite 2 rides .
    Back on the straight and narrow from now on so hopefully back under 90kg again next week.

uggski

Up a little again this week. I’m really not good at the diet thing 🙁

ali69er
    Free Member

Finally managed to get lower than when I started in January. Result.

longdog
    Free Member

Only 0.4kg/1lb down, which is fine, but I’m pretty sure it’s more as my legs feel pretty inflamed from a ride last night, and I know there a train in the station!

austy
    Free Member

I’ve gained a little this week but seem to have plateaued at 13 1/2 stone this year and struggling to get below.

Need to tighten lock on the biscuit tin and stop snacking as much.

reluctantjumper

After a very stressful few days that have meant my snacking and junk food consumption has been terrible I was very surprised to find I’d lost 0.3kg this week! Will try and get back well into the 78’s by the end of this, should be doable with a bit of willpower.

The positive though is that without this as motivation I dread to think what my weigh would have been up at!

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve put on what I lost ladt week, but looking and feeling trimmer. Who knows….

didnthurt

After 15 weeks of 2021 chub club I have lost exactly…… naff all!

All’s not as bad as this may seem.

I’m mostly ok with this as over the last 9 weeks I have been making a concerted effort to get fit (relatively speaking). With my ride last night finally showing some return of form. Now I’m going to up my riding time (all zone 2 ish) and cut down on my food intake.
    Hopefully this should see me lose some a kgs whilst maintaining the fitness gains I’ve made.

Wish me luck 🤞

longdog
    Free Member

Upping your volume and cutting at the same time unless the cut isnt too much is going to be detrimental to your ride and leave you generally feeling crap.

Assuming the last 15weeks you’ve maintained (not gained) even though you’ve not lost, just upping your volume at the same intake will have you lose weight. Obviously depends how much you’re upping your volume, but I’d be wary about been too aggressive with the cutting of cals.

Granted you don’t give any figures so maybe that’s in hand anyway.

All the best with it 👍

chrispoffer

After being a reet fat biffa for years and years – and steadily getting bigger – I made a concerted change during lockdown last year to up the exercise I was doing.

I started weighing myself again weekly in June when I was 18 stone 8.4lb (!). I’m just over 6ft but that’s a serious amount of portliness on any scale – just under 35 BMI. I’d started doing a lot more walking back in April, about 2-3 miles a day but hadn’t weighed myself back then and there’s every chance I was a lot heavier in April.

I got down to a low last year of 17 stone 5.6lb then plateaued before Xmas. I put a few pounds on over Xmas and ended up the year at 17 stone 9.8lb. Just exercising, not dieting.

In January I downloaded the ‘Nutracheck’ app on my phone and recorded everything I ate. I figured that as I didn’t have time in my day to up the walking miles then I probably needed to monitor what I was eating if I wanted to lose more weight. It was £20ish to get access for a year, there are other free apps available too but I quite like the way it worked and it’s very UK specific.

My Mrs also got Nutracheck in Feb which meant we were both watching what we were eating of an evening and weekend. I found it relatively easy to keep under the suggested calorie count for the day and it’s a doddle to use. The habit of recording everything gets ingrained quite quickly or at least did for us. And quite good fun to compare calories to go and steps counted at the end of the day.

I’m now down to 15 stone 13.4 lb as of last week. My BMI now shows as overweight rather than obese and I’m getting into clothes that I haven’t worn for years, in fact I need to go shopping for littler jeans.

The regular chub club Friday deadline works for me, recording my weight very week works for me, regular exercise works but the most successful thing for me has been dieting. Or at least changing my diet. Who knew it was just all about moving more and consuming less? I realise that everyone else in the world had already grasped that concept but really it took me to the ago of 51 for it to sink in and make sense. Biggest eye opener was weighing breakfast cereal of a morning. Who knew it was so calorific?! (I know, literally everyone else). 45g of granola looks mean (compared with the lovely big bowlful I used to enjoy, and y’know – granola’s good for you and everything) but once I’d got over myself I realised that the smaller portion actually didn’t make any difference to my enjoyment of it.

The other lightning bolt was that actually there wasn’t much difference between good for you and bad for you food other than the fat and salt content, that it’s OK to have a takeaway occasionally provided you’re still under the calories for the day. No need to beat yourself up for it.

Anyway, that’s my experience, hope it helps someone else.

Chrispoffer, formerly obese now at the top of the overweight section and working hard 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

Great work Chris really fantastic achievement!

I agree, weighing/logging your food for a few months can be a real eye opener to the high number of calories you can easily consume in a day.

stumpyjon

I’m not calorie counting but do log weight and exercise, find it keeps me honest.

longdog
    Free Member

Another 0.7kg down despite very limited exercise with my various injuries, so quite happy. Be happier if I could have a run of no injuries though!

Birthday tomorrow though, so I’ll have to not be too indulgent. A few nice meals over the weekend rather than full on gluttony!

northernmatt

I’ve missed quite a few weigh ins. Today I found that since I lost a couple of kg after Christmas I have hit a plateau. Back on it after Saturday (family BBQ) with a concerted effort to shift some lard.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 429 total)

The topic ‘2021 Chub Club’ is closed to new replies.