Viewing 38 posts - 281 through 318 (of 318 total)
  • 2018 WC DH
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

Tahnee was 4 seconds up on Rachel at the 2nd split, then dropped behind her by the 3rd. I haven’t seen the footage but it suggests Tahnee has the speed to match Rachel.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yeah, but Rachel on race day is a different Rachel.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Judging by the comments on pinkbike Tahnee had a crash. It’d be great to see her win but I think some of the riders are holding back, and I bet Rachel is one of them.

nickc

I can’t see past Gwinn to be honest.

matt_outandabout

Yeah, but Rachel on race day is a different Rachel.

This is very true it seems.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mens I’d say it’s going to be French in the Mens, there is just so much momentum with Loic, Lois and of course Amaury. The 3 of them have the pace and the desire I reckon, Greg or Aron could be in there if they can lay down the perfect run.

daviek

I think this is one of the most open for a while. I just hope the weather stays the same for everyone.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what time is it on RB tv?

nickc

it’s not, I don’t think.

I think it’s on Red Button BBC though

richwales

Do the uci regulations mean we don’t get cathro, track walks etc?

rene59
    Free Member

Cathro isn’t there this weekend. Think he was only going to do the world cups.

Northwind

Remember folks- don’t just tune in for the top end like a lot of people do for the world cup- part of the joy of the champs is to see the knobbers crashing their way down the track first, it’s good entertainment in its own right and it puts the actual race runs into better perspective.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

tails
    Free Member

She really manages to avoid a lot of the rocks on her run, my bike seems magnetised towards them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Remember folks- don’t just tune in for the top end like a lot of people do for the world cup- part of the joy of the champs is to see the knobbers crashing their way down the track first,

And next up is the National Champion of Ecuador who looks to be taking some interesting lines……

dirkpitt74

I take it the BBC will have different commentary.

stanfree
    Free Member

Would love to see Brook and Tahnee win it but I think it will be one of the french lads. A high placing for Reece Wilson would also be a bonus.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oh my lord! That’s was a winning run and half. Massive respect.

martinhutch

I take it the BBC will have different commentary.

Indeed. Luckily RBTV is covering it, as the commentary from the Beeb was slightly uninspiring, to say the least.

rmacattack
    Free Member

A different class altogether. She is a gem, thahnee will be there soon.

weeksy

Mighty impressive from Atherton!

geex
    Free Member

Remember folks- don’t just tune in for the top end like a lot of people do for the world cup- part of the joy of the champs is to see the knobbers crashing their way down the track first, it’s good entertainment in its own right and it puts the actual race runs into better perspective.

it’s not really like that anymore. The days of the trinidad and tobagan bobsleigh team getting a start are long gone. Only 80(1) start finals so all (Qualified) starting men are faster than the fastest Woman these days.

Unless of course you think Rach is a crashing knobber and you could do better on your fatbike 😉

legend
    Free Member

Who’s commentating? He’s a bit shit (and annoyingly it’s the same guy on BBC and Eurosport)

geex
    Free Member

WARNER n CLAUDIO on Redbull

what has happened to you?

Northwind

It was like that in 2012 with only 90 starters- was it the russian dude who was on the ancient sx trail and took 3 times as long to get down? And last year even with the much smaller starting field there were a bunch of men that were slower than the women (and IIRC some that just decided not to run). This year, we’ve got a dude whose crank dropped off and stopped to pick it up, that’s world class.

legend
    Free Member

Didn’t think it was on RB for some reason – that’s better now (the other guy really is shit though)

rmacattack
    Free Member

Stupid uci start list, we will see minnaar in the hot seat until the last 15

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Absolutely cack on BBC. Awful commentator. The footage so far isn’t much good either, just the start and last section. Hopefully we’ll see some of the actually interesting bits of track when the riders are more spaced out.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Faultless on redbull atm

somafunk

I’ve just discovered I can watch Redbull tv on my parents 60” Sony Bravia after downloading the Redbull tv app, certainly beats watching the action on my iPad mini at home 😀

coomber
    Free Member

My red bull footage is about 25 seconds per rider. Why are we missing most of the course?

geex
    Free Member

Course has camera points not continuous camera coverage.
    You’ll see more as the rider gaps increase.

Coverage is pretty good TBF

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Fantastic camera work from that cablecam.

coomber
    Free Member

Yeah fair enough I’ll retract that been pretty good since I grumbled.

7 to go.

dirkpitt74

Ended up watching the last 10 men on RedBull TV, where was it on BBC?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Internet or smart TV.

tails
    Free Member

Only saw the mens, Finn Iles is so on the edge really wanted him to get it, blenki was deceptively slow and danny just need to stay off the brakes. He looks a bit like sam smith the singer.

Viewing 38 posts - 281 through 318 (of 318 total)

The topic ‘2018 WC DH’ is closed to new replies.