• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Kryton57

Headlines state Gatland says they are going to “smash” England.

Righto.

mikey3
    Free Member

What he actually said was “We won’t be trying to single out Sam Burgess at all,” said Gatland.

“We will be going out there to smash him like everyone else,” he added

Surely all teams take the field looking to smash the opposition,hardly news is it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Any Welsh can say why Tipuric’s not starting

Comment on last night’s NZ v Nam program was that Tipuric’s silky skills were not as desirable as Lydiate’s bulk/ball carrying whatever for this game. Selection for the specific game perhaps 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Gavin is worried for englandhttp://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/34361040

Tipuric isnt starting because Warburton is a better 7 than him and Lydiate is a key member of the Wales back row. Lydiates carrying is rubbish by the way but he will tackle and hit rucks all day long. Its hardly selection forca particular team its the settled first choice backrow.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t shoot the messenger 🙂

dantsw13

Geech has written some good articles recently, concentrating on facts an rugby sense, rather than a blind dogma of the style England “have to” play. I’ll take a 1 PT win on Saturday. I’m a bit gutted to be watching it on my iPhone in Japan, and can’t even have a beer as I’m reporting to fly home 2 hrs later

IdleJon

Burgess has said he doesn’t know who Scott Williams is, according to the Times.

“Shane who?” 😆

anagallis_arvensis

urgess has said he doesn’t know who Scott Williams is, according to the Times.

He should ask Lawes 😉

duckman

It is unlikely Lawes knows either. Williams was under the posts before Lawes realised he didn’t have the ball any more. That was a real manshaming, as bad for a forwards ego as this one.

Coming through!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

IdleJon – Member
    Burgess has said he doesn’t know who Scott Williams is, according to the Times.

“Shane who?”

To be fair to him, almost every other league player won’t have heard of Scott Williams either.

🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Watch the video. There is a malevolent look in his eyes. Looked like an unmedia friendly bad Sam to me. I approve.

DanW
    Free Member

So what can we expect from Garces tomorrow besides pinging Gethin off the park at scrum time 👿

juanking

I reckon Burgess may end up being carded, the pressure of the game and the expectation on him might pressure him into doing something daft. Other than that as you say, Gethin getting pinged a lot.

Pigface
    Free Member

“We are a small nation but we have a Dragon on our flag”

😆

We will prevail

dantsw13

I expect whoever wins tonight to make the final. Either Wales or England, if they win will take huge confidence into their Australia match, and the pool winners will be battle hardened with a good route to the final, avoiding NZ & SA (probably!!)

IdleJon

“We are a small nation but we have a Dragon on our flag”

The Kazakh flag is pale blue over yellow, representing a blue unbroken sky over the vastness of the steppe. Or something like that.

On this basis, the Welsh flag should be a solid block of drizzle grey with a hint of a dragon seen through never-ending rain. Is it a dragon? Is it a sheep?

😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Welsh belief in dragons comes from them seeing military jets flying through the valleys and not knowing what they are.

duckman

You stay classy, you are clearly who Ali Williams was talking about.

jimw
    Free Member

pob lwc cymru.

Kryton57

You stay classy, you are clearly who Ali Williams was talking about.

Who?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rather looking forward to this Italy v Canada game. Might be closer than the Italians think.

Oh, and Cipriani isn’t exactly the most charismatic personality on the coverage is he?

DanW
    Free Member

Who?

😉

I’ve only just seen the video of the Burgess comment on Scott Williams and it was blatantly obvious what he was getting at. Needs to work a little on his delivery when trying to be funny

I’m looking forward to the Canada Italy game too. Italy have had patches of playing good rugby but they seem to be hindered by strange team selection that disrupts all the good work. I hope they gel and put on a display

Cipriani isn’t put in a great position as he can’t give much of an opinion on a team he is currently part of. When asked “who should start at 10 for England” I was hoping he’d say “ME!” 😆

I lol’d when Robinson referred to Farrel being 6’2″ or 6’3″ but Wiki seems to agree. Certainly didn’t look that tall when I saw him but maybe he is!

IdleJon

I lol’d when Robinson referred to Farrel being 6’2″ or 6’3″ but Wiki seems to agree. Certainly didn’t look that tall when I saw him but maybe he is!

Players often look a lot smaller than they really are, don’t they? AWJ didn’t look his height hobbling past me out of Morrisons a couple of years ago, possibly because he was on crutches. Justin Marshall (naked in the gym!) looked much taller than quoted.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh Canada!

duckman

He is one of those nasty kiwis that apparently target poor ickle members of the England team ( when they aren’t cheating) Although we are still waiting for any evidence to back that up that assertion. Probably break into schools and steal kiddies puddings as well.

DanW
    Free Member

Canada definitely deserved that one! I feel that Italy had some key breaks from the referee and they should be counting themselves very lucky all round

duckman

Canada tried to force breaks,Italy are going back at some rate of knots though,aren’t they?

molgrips
    Free Member

On this basis, the Welsh flag should be a solid block of drizzle grey

Telling that the sky is not blue on it…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hope it’s a good game and may the best team on the day win (and not the ref)

The M25 was free flowing at 6 thought it might be chokka

DanW
    Free Member

Hope it’s a good game and may the best team on the day win (and not the ref)

Second that! Here’s to a great game!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Pours the Reverend James*

Here’s to a good game, all!

Sadly, England by fifteen or twenty is my doom laden prediction.

dantsw13

VPN failed, so listening to the match via the RWC App

theotherjonv

I know scrums are fed now but don’t lineouts still have to be straight?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Even I was screaming at the first Welsh lineout that it wasn’t straight! May as well have just passed to the scrum half!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boos for a drop goal attempt?

Why?

dantsw13

England need to be careful on this pen count.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, so they only boo a Wales drop goal. Got it.

🙂

I like drop goals.

theotherjonv

I scored a drop goal in a school game once. The rugby master gave me a huge bollocking, apparently 2nd row forwards don’t do that. I was only about 12 or 13, and I think the points still counted

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

apparently 2nd row forwards don’t do that. I was only about 12 or 13, and I think the points still counted

No one told Adam!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LNut8Pj3fY[/video]

Or Zinzan!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp8f6OiwNtM[/video]

DanW
    Free Member

It’s peeing me off how Marler constantly gets away with boring in! He isn’t even straight at when the scrum is setting

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.