Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 3,963 total)
  • 2013/14 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Oh so england are unsuccesful at rugby because the football team is so good?

anagallis_arvensis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26484739

Charteris out Jake the Beard in. Massive blow to the already weak welsh lineout. England will just need to kick to the corners and put two men on AW. Jake Ball has not been rhrown the ball once in any lineout in 1 1/2 games!!!

tinybits
    Free Member

yep, but he’s a pretty handy player around the park, so it’s starting to look like England are going to need to play boring rugby to win….

We’ve had years of practice at that! 😀

duckman

But tinybits…The Times is all about England’s new attacking style,so what is this boring rugby you talk about. Oh and they have even gone to the trouble of explaining to us non believers why Brown is the better 15, thats a STW argument settled then.

ElVino

Suprised Zebo hasnt made the team

Zebo’s off field antics haven’t endeared him to our new coach.

anagallis_arvensis

Tinybits he’s a 22 yearold lock who has one season as a pro behind him. He shows promise but isnt near the quality of Lawes or Launchbury. He looked out on his feet after 20 mins v France but stuck to the task well.

tinybits
    Free Member

Fair enough – I haven’t watched him in great detail, but had read a few good things about him.

But tinybits…The Times is all about England’s new attacking style,so what is this boring rugby you talk about. Oh and they have even gone to the trouble of explaining to us non believers why Brown is the better 15, thats a STW argument settled then.

But it’s clearly crap though, England are still woeful in attack, they really don’t have much of a clue about breaking down a defence.

I was thinking back last night to the attacking of Lewesey, Cohen and Robinson, with that back row linking well with them and seeing them run rings around defenders. I can’t remember the last time I saw an Englishman do that other than Tuilagi (a true Englishman in every sense of the word) knocking holes though the opposition.

DanW
    Free Member

Can’t disagree with any of a_a’s assessments of Wales vs England. It would be very surprising to see England lose at Twickenham. Yes, Wales have most of the big names back in the starting line up but the form and game time between them isn’t great at all. If the England pack don’t dominate everything outside of the scrums I’d also be very surprised. After that they just need to find a back to fall over the try line with the ball in hand 😆

Also surprised not to see Zebo playing. He looked at least 3 or 4 times as fast as anyone else on the pitch last weekend. What has he been up to off the field?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s been a very naughty boy.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just been away for a surprise birthday treat – wife booked Pennyhill Park not knowing that it was England RU HQ. As we arrived Andy Farrell parks next to us. Amazing set up for them with the rugby pitch and their own mega gym and basement area to keep themselves to themselves and watch the videos etc. But the players come into the bar and the spa. My neck hurts from rubber necking. Had nice chats with the Kiwi (told him to stay on for the full 80m!!!), Burrell, Launchbury (really nice bloke) and Robbo. Watched Parling and a few squad guys I didn’t recognise having some Physio in the pool. Had a good discussion about the line out with JL who was praising the kiwi!!!

The backs – Care and Burrell etc looked ripped and v strong but not impossibly so. You think you could at least attempt 😉 to tackle them. But (even as an ex hooker albeit with flankers physique) I could not imagine trying to get my arms around Hartley and the other forewards. His shoulders and upper body are like a barn door that shut out the light. Ditto Robshaw, Parling, Launchbury. The physical bulk is awesome. Wife and I in the hot tub with the England captain this lunchtime – had to be done on my birthday!!

Impressive how approachable they are. Then Andy Flowers turned up and we had a chat about the cricket. Was tempted to ask about KP but thought better of it.

All over now and can stop feeling like an excited schoolboy.

Scamper
    Free Member

Nice one. In the good old days you would have been doing boat races with them!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A yard of maximuscle!!!!

scotroutes

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbvbQPq4LXk[/video]

muddydwarf
    Free Member

England U20 50-0 Wales U20 so far, plus Wales down to 14. Ouch, that’s a bit of a kicking.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sorry, now 60-0 to England…
    9 tries so far.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In other news, is there any rugby player who hasn’t boffed Kelly Brook?

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve played in the past, where do I sign up?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Are you under 20? Think they could do with the help!

wiggles
    Free Member

Will be interested to see how beardy man does against england.
    Overall I am being optimistic and will say wales by 5

jambalaya
    Free Member

@teamhurtmore – excellent.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    The welsh rugby team isnt very good

Cough….

Twelve lions v one lion
    Defending champs having stuffed England last year
    3:0 last three occassions
    Men still playing boys according to (apparently) the best coach out there.

With all that, there is no excuse for the boys in red even away from home….

Jambalaya – yes it was fun. Like being a little kid!!!! Very, very good spa and best sports massage ever (albeit astonishingly intimate 😯 )

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BOD plays his last game in Dublin tomorrow. Can’t be arsed with the how good was he debate but here are a few words from the kids at Temple Street (children’s hospital, for whom he’s done lots of work over the years).

[video]http://youtu.be/DbKyzAruRMA[/video]

A try would be nice for him tomorrow.

anagallis_arvensis

Twelve lions v one lion
    Defending champs having stuffed England last year
    3:0 last three occassions

you’re confusing being better than england over the last few years with being good

anagallis_arvensis

The best NH player of the professional age, stands comparison with the likes of Cater, Mcaw and Gregan. Sometimes could be a bit of a **** in the pitch but all driven competitors have that. The try for the 2001 lions where he goes through the middle and steps the full back is my favourite.
    [video]http://m.youtube.com/?gl=GB&hl=en-GB#/watch?v=9JLASzADsaI[/video]

not as good looking as Gav though 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Forza Azzuri!

Oh, and Y Nige!

Sadly, have to wish for an Italian win, DD. Only way that Wales could have a chance of winning.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

anagallis_arvensis

Sexton obviously learning how to be a drama queen in France!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think he winded himself going for it against the Italian. 😆 Lovely combination with the hands of BOD for that one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, lovely training ground loop move brought off in style there.

anagallis_arvensis

Come on you’re Ireland not the Harlem **** Globetrotters

Kryton57

Go Italy!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh dear. Might wake Ireland up and stop them arsing around.

anagallis_arvensis

Kearney’s tackling shown up again!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lovely delivery from O’D for that try! 😉

anagallis_arvensis

That Campagnolo or whatever his name is pretty damn good.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

His pass to Pinarello for Colnago’s try was superb.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Come on you’re Ireland not the Harlem **** Globetrotters

I don’t know, it worked well before half time. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

His pass to Pinarello for Colnago’s try was superb.

DeRosa’s dash down the wing was brilliant!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 3,963 total)

The topic ‘2013/14 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.