Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2013 lapierre spicy 516, mini review
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member

Short version: Epic.

Slightly longer version:
    1st ride today at afan, visiting the new bike park at Bryan bettws lodge.
    CTD forks and shock are a real step up from the rp2/23 and the rl 32 that I’ve been using on my old trek fuel ex8, proper confidante inspiring ride. climb, as it suggests, give a stiff platform for pedalling on but still allows for enough movement if you don’t turn it off for a descent. Trail works very well, giving a plush ride but a stable platform to pedal on where required. Finally descent allows for fuller movement over rougher stuff.

Also swapped out the cross trail wheels for my crossmax st’s and converted them to 15mm front and 142×12 rear. They felt so much stiffer!

Easton havoc 750 bars might be a touch wide, may end up cutting them, may not, time will tell.

Formula brakes started off the day feeling that they needed the reach adjusting out but ended up bringing them in as they seemed to bed in really quickly and needed to be brought in.

All in all VERY glad that I went for this rather than the yt 160. One very ‘appy boy indeed!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

All in all VERY glad that I went for this rather than the yt 160. One very ‘appy boy indeed!

Have you tried the YT 160?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Hs anyone that didn’t buy one?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2013 lapierre spicy 516, mini review’ is closed to new replies.