Home Forums Bike Forum 200 v 203mm discs?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 200 v 203mm discs?
  • FOG

I have seen a few posts about using washers to space out calipers to enable using SRAM calipers on Shimano 203mm discs but what about the other way round? I want to use Shimano calipers on 200mm Centreline discs. Presumably this will cause a slight lip to develop on the pads. Is this a problem? Or is there an easier way than just buying a new 203mm disc?

BadlyWiredDog

Could you not just bolt the Shimano caliper to a 200mm SRAM brake adaptor? Got to be worth a try.

Though I guess if you’re going to do that, you might consider whether it’s significantly more expensive to simply buy 203mm rotors.

hammerandcycle
    Free Member

Just use some 200mm adapters? What am I missing???? 200mm adapter £6??? 203 rotor £30+

BadlyWiredDog

Just use some 200mm adapters? What am I missing???? 200mm adapter £6??? 203 rotor £30+

There’s all sorts of stuff being sold off super cheap as a result of the post-covid parts glut frenzy. I bought some Shimano 203mm rotors for about a tenner each on eBay a few months back. Brands are selling off surplus stock, so while at RRP you’re correct, in the real world it might not quite work like that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.