Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 1×9
  • kiwijohn

A few subtle mods to my DBR Axis TT.

Just can’t get the guide centred, sits out too far.
    Anyone using an E13 XCX-ST?

njee20
    Free Member

I suspect it’s the horrific clashing of all the 90s anodising.

Eye bleach this way please!

honourablegeorge

I’ve done endless faffing with the E13 XCX and the Superstar guide above, never got them to how I liked.

Fitted a BB-Mount MRP Lopes the other day, perfect first time, zero issues, no spacing or flddling or anything. 73mm BB, SLX Cranks, MRP 34t ring, job done. If the MRP 1x is the same setup (a assume it is) I’d go for that ahead of the E13

rickon
    Free Member

If it sits out too far, you could try a BB spacer in front of the chain guide – that will push the crank out further, so should line up then.

njee20
    Free Member

Unless you move a 2.5mm spacer from the NDS though you introduce other problems, if you move a spacer across your cranks are offset (I did it for a while, and couldn’t tell, but it’s probably not a great idea).

Can you not take some material off the back of the cage so you can push it further inboard? Looks to be plenty on there.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What you want to do is set the cranks up so you get the best chainline. Dont add spacers will nilly.

Once you’ve set up the cranks so you have the best chainline, modifiy the chain guide to suit (this will probably involve filing and chopping)

kiwijohn

The cranks are centered, so I don’t want to move a spacer.
    Just needs to go in a mm, but the mount just won’t allow it.
    Bought & paid for now, so can’t really change it. Just have to make it work.

njee20
    Free Member

File it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘1×9’ is closed to new replies.