Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 1×10….can't set it up. Help!
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

36 cassette. 32 chainring (installed where middle ring should be on chainset.
    SLX Medium cage shadow +. New chain. Hope jockey wheels.

It clicks on the bottom jockey wheel when in 1st/2nd gear. B adj & high/low are set properly. What’s going on?

peterfile
    Free Member

Have you set the angle adjuster properly?

A recent indexing problem on my bike was caused by this being out by 1/4 of a turn.

stevied
    Free Member

Cable tension?

Toasty

New chainring as well? Old hooked chainring will make the mech wobble around as the chainring fails to release at the right time.

bigdan6
    Free Member

Thanks guys.
    What about the jockey wheel. The lower Hope one ‘clicks’ as each link goes over it. It’s trying to pull the link central. I wonder if chain line has out to do with it. It’s a Cotic soul and I’ve got a spacer on the BB. Would removing it make any difference?

robdob
    Free Member

Have a look to see if the middle ring lines up with the centre of the cassette, between 5th and 6th cogs on a 10sp. Yours may be heading towards the smaller cogs so the angle to the big cassette cog is too great.
    Although you should in theory be able to run a big ring to the largest cog on the cassette which would be further out anyway, so this might not be it.

walleater

Slightly twisted gear hanger?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Worn chainring surely?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Stiff link?

bigdan6
    Free Member

It was a short chain. User error. All sorted now. Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘1×10….can't set it up. Help!’ is closed to new replies.