Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 170 or 160 on nuke proof mega
  • maxiimillion
    Free Member

im thinking of either a RockShox Lyrik RC2DH Coil Forks 2011 or a
    Rock Shox Lyrik RC2L Forks – Coil U-Turn 2011 which on on a mega?

BlobOnAStick

I’d say that 10mm when sagged makes this much difference: >-<

HTH

maxiimillion
    Free Member

helpful :/

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve got 160 lyriks on zero stack which is fine for me. Depends what you want to ride I guess and how slack you want it to be.

maxiimillion
    Free Member

hmmm i will be goen up some hills along the way so the adjustable travel may be useful but the ones are refurbished and others arnt :/

BlobOnAStick

Sorry.

I don’t remember what travel i’ve got,but i do have a travel adjust which hasn’t been touched since the forks were fitted to my mega. There’s just no need, as the frame is designed to climb well.

Back to your question, I think you’re worrying about a tiny difference, but i suppose that’s what keeps us happy…….

maxiimillion
    Free Member

haha hmmmm yeh but how will 170 make the bike feel compared to 160

BlobOnAStick

‘Bout the same I reckon.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Go 160 keep the geo as intended, thats plenty travel for 99% of riding anyway.

Don’t bother with travel adjust, more weight, something extra to break and affects plushness.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

The 160 forks are the ones with travel adjust, but as it’s coil U-Turn it doesn’t affect plushness at all.

I’d go with the U-Turns as it will make the bike more versatile, but you don’t really lose out much if any downhill ability.

maxiimillion
    Free Member

hmmm but the 170mm are brand new and 160 uturns arnt :/

mrblobby
    Free Member

Go zero stack and 170 then. Sounds like you want the 170. Imagine the bike will feel much the same either way. Don’t feel the need to reach for the travel adjust when climbing on mine unless it’s steep and techy.

maxiimillion
    Free Member

have u had any problems with ur mega?

mrblobby
    Free Member

No problems at all. Not really used it that much though, a week in Morzine and a weekend in Wales. It’s been brilliant, other than feeling a little over biked for what I was riding in Wales. Why do you ask?

maxiimillion
    Free Member

i guess coz all the hype about the snapping welds but i think there more internet tails really :/

mrblobby
    Free Member

Could say that about pretty much any bike out there. There was a batch of silver ones with a dodgy weld that Hotlines acknowledged. Don’t know if they ever published the frame numbers. They seem to have been good at warranty replacements though. And it does seem to have just been isolated to one small batch. I’m not worried about it.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Running 160mm on mine with a normal headset cup at the bottom. Doubt there will be much difference, which ever is cheaper would get my money.

Dave.

maxiimillion
    Free Member

yeh true, im thinking of 170 as get a full warranty with where as 160 ill get limited as they have been refurbished 🙂 and 160 u turns has something eles to go wrong with and they are heavier :p

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘170 or 160 on nuke proof mega’ is closed to new replies.