Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • 160mm forks for the Alps… Worth it?
  • godzilla
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like he wants to share his bargain with you guys. Or looking at his spunky kitchen he payed full price and feels like you’ll hammer him for it?

^ +1:) ^ did you pay less than Freeborns price?

gsp1984
    Free Member

I’ve never been out riding in a group thinking..

‘I really could use some 160’s down here’

I have been out riding in a group thinking..

‘Oh my Buddha, my thighs and calves(moo) are on fire’

For that reason in preparation for my Alps trip this year I’ll not be buying 160’s but doing some star jumps

That’s a fair point, riding in the peaks, keeping up with the group i ride with is hard work. So in the alps doing the 85km of the Passportes Du Soliel I figured I need both 160 and lots of start jumps.

Nice bike. Doesn’t sound like he wants to share his bargain with you guys. Or looking at his spunky kitchen he payed full price and feels like you’ll hammer him for it?

Spunky Kitchen :p whats one of them? It’s a muddy kitchen now.

That bike must be some serious heft now.

Yep, a fair old weight 🙁 the weight was the only real downside to the 160 and CCDB, and the only thing that really put a doubt in my mind.

You need to attack that Reverb cable with a knife!

I tried it shorter and the cable didn’t run right, it kept getting snagged and was a pain so went back to a long cable.

Who advised you against lyriks ? wasn’t the peps selling you the fox’s was it . Got some coil lyriks and can’t fault em to be honest.

Shops that sell both and have no really benefit in selling either. One even had the Lyriks in and not the Floats

^ +1:) ^ did you pay less than Freeborns price?

Yes, but not much to be fair… TFTuned, so kick away lol.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Good on you OP, fox 36 and ccdb on an o5 is the perfect combination for the Alps. Anyone who thinks 140mm 32s is fine out there isn’t riding proper trails or rides like some old granny IMO. Jesus next thing you know there’ll be some stw riding gods talking about how they do just fine on a ht 🙂

Edit: if you’re one of those guys who thinks you’re smashing Les Crosets on your stumpy let me put you straight, you are just holding everyone up and everyone thinks you are a twunt for bringing your Surrey bike to the Alps. There I said it.

billysugger
    Free Member

I’m going on my folding shopper

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘160mm forks for the Alps… Worth it?’ is closed to new replies.