Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • £150 Android phone – cheap new one or higher end second-hand?
  • frogstomp

So, my HTC Desire is starting to (well, has for a while) look it’s age so I’m looking for a replacement. Not bothered about a new contract so on a budget of £150 I’m currently looking at either a new handset or a second-hand one (e.g. Galaxy S2).

Is a lower price current model likely to perform as well (better?) than a 12/18 month old phone that was a ‘premium’ model back then?

Any suggestions for good VFM either way?

TPTcruiser

Expansys have some quite high end Android phones. There has been an Acer Cloudmobile at somewhere near your price point.

dannybgoode

Cheap new android phones tend to be underpowered. Secondhand would be the way to go if you want to stick with Android.

If you’re up for trying something different the £150 Nokia Lumia 620 is a stonking phone and the Nokia navigation apps are absolutely top notch.

Depends how much you’ve got invested in apps etc but if you aren’t adverse to looking at WinPho 8 have a play in a Carphone Whorehouse or the like.

Cheers

Danny B

frogstomp

If you’re up for trying something different the £150 Nokia Lumia 620 is a stonking phone and the Nokia navigation apps are absolutely top notch.

Would be quite happy to try something in a Windows 8 flavour.. love my RT tablet. The only sticking point is no Viewranger app which I have a fair bit invested in in OS maps.

IA

If you’re on orange, they were knocking out the motorola RAZRi for £150 which is a lot of phone for the money.

scaredypants

cheapest way to get a new posh handset is generally on contract – Say you’re willing to add your £150 to a contract instead, that’s equivalent to over 6 quid a month. Add in some cashback (phones4u were offering £80 via quidco last week) that could take you up to maybe a tenner a month

Now go to moneysupermarket or similar and see who’ll do what for about £10 a month more than your current contract. I was surprised when I did this – got a posh phone for what worked out to be under a hundred quid if the cashback comes up

Bimbler
    Free Member

If you’re on orange, they were knocking out the motorola RAZRi for £150 which is a lot of phone for the money.

Missus just got one of these, very impressed. Pretty much all the phone you need if you don’t want something high-end.

frogstomp

The RAZRi looks like a good option but is out of stock…

stevied
    Free Member

There’s a HTC Sensation in classifieds at the mo. (not mine)

rickon
    Free Member

That’ll be my Sensation 😉

Could do a deal on it if needed 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘£150 Android phone – cheap new one or higher end second-hand?’ is closed to new replies.