Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • '15 Boardman FS Pro, good second-hand buy?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Hi all-

I’ve been cutting about on various iterations of hardtail MTBs for a few years now, and would like to maybe go back to an FS bike again. Its not my first exposure to these- I had a Marin Mt Vision away back, so I’m aware that they can be skill compensators…. 🙂 but anyway-

The 14/15/16 Boardman FS Pros seem well-regarded, and I’ve got an option to buy a ’15 model. It looks good, well looked after, is stock apart from a fork upgrade.

I’ve read reviews and it looks like a good choice, any wise words from you lot?

ta….

superstu
    Free Member

How much?

codybrennan
    Free Member

I’ll get it down to £600 🙂

sam3000

My mate, who happens to work for halfords had one.
    He gas had constant trouble with the rear axle, aparently a few have gone back to the store. It doesn’t seems to stay screwed in and will loosen several times during a ride.
    It may be worth a test ride

codybrennan
    Free Member

Cheers Sam- will check.

joebristol

Not aware my rear axle has ever loosened itself…..

codybrennan
    Free Member

joebristol – Member – Block User – Quote
    Not aware my rear axle has ever loosened itself…..

Would you buy yours again, Joe?

stevemorg2

£600 seems a lot for 2015! – (blatant plug) I’m selling a med 2016 for not much more that’s only been ridden 4or5 times

joebristol

Yes I probably would buy mine again. Nothing close to the price does the same thing as well.

Only thing that needs maintaining are the suspension pivots. But no more than any other 4 bar suspension system.

If you could get the later turquoise one then I think it has a slightly slacker head angle and if it’s a whole bike than you’ve got pikes as well instead of Revelations.

Although my forks so far have been pretty good – mine are now running 150mm travel instead of 130mm. All you need to change is the air leg to extend them.

stevemorg2

Apologies – mine is only a team!

Great bike for the money though – £600 for the Pro sounds like a great deal

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘'15 Boardman FS Pro, good second-hand buy?’ is closed to new replies.