Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • £1400 to spend on 2 bikes. 1 roadish, 1 mtb
  • ton

£1400 to spend on 2 bikes, 1 roadish type bike, 1 mtb.
    what would you get, or what could you get for your cash?

RealMan
    Free Member

SS both, then you can get a bit of bling, you’ve got some options, and you will end up with two very nice bikes.

I’d say about £900 mtb, £500 road, depending on if you want bouncy or rigid forks, and if you want a nice set of wheels on one or the other (or both maybe).

Zoolander
    Free Member

Assuming the road type bike is for commuting or similar – buy or build a singlespeed for as cheap as poss. Then spank the rest on the mountain bike , could get a damn good spec steel hardtail or the like?

wors

I’ve been looking at the whyte cambridge, 899. Mountain bike wise canyon look very good value with a decent spec.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I got a pretty much brand new trek fuel ex8 last summer for £1k from here- this would gve £400 for a road bike which would get a pretty decent second hand one or a really good ss

Duffer
    Free Member

£999 on a 456
    £399 on a Pompino
    £2 on Harribos (£1 a bag in Toys r Us!)

RagTi
    Free Member

Boardmans from halfords, high specs, great reviews and look superb. Even better deals on line. Boardan Pro Mtbs with Elixer carbon brakes, X0 rear mechs etc..are now under £900!

The only good thing ever to have come out of Halfords!

Kev

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘£1400 to spend on 2 bikes. 1 roadish, 1 mtb’ is closed to new replies.