Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 12 years a slave – to STW
  • FB-ATB

12 years ago I was sitting in a flooded out office just inland from Malibu and stumbled on this place. Lurked for ages before daring to make intermittent posts! Work productivity has been on a downward spiral since.

Stoner
    Free Member

12?

I think I’ve lost 16 yrs in this pit of doom.

aracer
    Free Member

How long ago did it convert from GoFar? That’s how long for me…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Noob!
    😉

trademark
    Free Member

I was approaching the start line of a Polaris Challenge in 1999 or 2000 when a noisy guy turned up, advertising the soon to be online Go-Far.com website.
    Can’t remember when it turned into STW.

kcal

🙂
    Had a GoFar T-shirt – took a while to work out what it stood for..

Then the move to stw with the start characters – when the sidebar would tell you who else was online at the time. try that now !!!!

aracer
    Free Member

Pah, well if we’re going back in time, who here was on uk.rec.cycling? On which thought, whatever happened to Myra Van Inwegen who was very active on there and then involved with GoFar, but I think had left before the STW transition?

kcal

no idea !! – blimey that takes me back – no, I don’t think Myra went over to stw..

uk.rec.cycling – recall many names from then, Dave B? Simon Yates? peter clinch as well possibly? blimey again.

[Edit – aracer – were you on Gofer as well? ]

footflaps

uk.rec.cycling

Noob, in the early days there weren’t even country specific prefixes e.g. cam.misc is my local news group.

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, well if we’re doing that, then my first e-mail address had something like uk.ac.cam.eng on the end (in that order), which was on JANET rather than the internet.

anagallis_arvensis

I remember being very proud of being one of the top ten posters as published in the mag!

mrsfry
    Free Member

Last thing i remember is drawing a pentagram on the floor and offering my soul for a pair of clean underwear and a cup of tea

No one warned me of the consequences…..the underwear isn’t even that comfy 🙁

FB-ATB

At least you got underwear. I’m still waiting for my subscribers buff!

aracer
    Free Member

TTIWWP

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘12 years a slave – to STW’ is closed to new replies.