Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • £100 for a set of wheels. What are my options?
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Currently running a pair of Crossrides which are a tad battered and bruised but I’ve been more than happy with them. Time for an upgrade. Options? Are the current Crossrides worth a punt or should I be looking elsewhere?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Merlin seem to be doing some decent deals on Crossrides – how long have you had yours for?

DanW
    Free Member

I would recommend the Pro-Lite Allein. 1600g which is much lighter than most budget wheels and super stiff and robust for XC in South Wales. They have lasted very well and I am very happy with them. I got them for about £130 when RibbleCycles had a sale on- not sure of the current price.

darryl1983
    Free Member

bike-discount.de have a couple sets of wheel that look decent for under £100. Some Fulcrum Red Metal 10’s for about £80 + postage for example.

I brought a set of Shimano MT15 wheels from Rose cycles for £52 a couple months ago for a cheap commuter bike, but doesn’t look like they’ve got much on offer at the minute.

Superstar offer a set of wheels for £130 with there switch hub, with either XC, AM, or DH spec rims too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘£100 for a set of wheels. What are my options?’ is closed to new replies.