Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 1 1/8" Straigh Steerer forks – What options?
  • devash
    Free Member

I have a bit of a dilemma. I picked up a Specialized Camber 2012 model last year on a budget which has been a great bike (if a little large) and its got to the stage where I’d like to upgrade some of the components.

At the moment it has a very basic RS Recon Gold TK fork and I’d like to upgrade it to something plusher with a 15mm through axle, as my upgraded Fulcrum wheelset comes with the bits to allow this.

Unfortunately the bike does not have a tapered headset which seems to be the universal standard nowadays, and the only forks I can find anywhere online for a decent price are the 2013 RS Rebas, for around £300.

I fancied a set of Fox Float 32’s to complement the upgraded rear shock (Fox RP2) but I get the impression that these aren’t made with a traditional straight steerer any more. Could it be time to sell the Camber frame and look at something a little more futureproof?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Should still be able to get normal tube forks. Might be worth asking mojo directly what they have left

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Ex-demo-Display-forks.html

Have a look

Northwind

What sort of fork are you after? You can get straight steerer Revelations still- too long for a Camber but possibly shortenable, not sure.

I’ve got a set of nearly-new QR Sids set to 120mm to sell… But it depends what you do with the Camber, if you ride it as hard as some do I wouldn’t recommend that option. Or 32s if I’m honest, my Camber came with a set and they were tolerable but not great, they weren’t happy on rougher descents.

cnud
    Free Member

Just got some x fusion velvets in 1 1/8 straight, seem great

everyone
    Free Member

You can get White Bros loops with a straight steerer. They work great for me although I’d prefer a proper lockout instead of the magnetic threshold doodad.

devash
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info guys.

Merlin have 10& off all RockShox stuff this weekend so I’ve just bagged a set of 2013 crown lockout Reba RL’s with 15mm thru axle for £270 delivered.

Can’t really go wrong!

There’s going to be a Recon Gold TK in the classifieds sometime in March if anyone’s interested……

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘1 1/8" Straigh Steerer forks – What options?’ is closed to new replies.