Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 06.55 and nursing a cup of tea at Afan Lodge…
  • ask1974
    Free Member

Should be an epic day 😀

kayak23

Sweet. Off to a wet Cannock myself….
    Enjoy.

ask1974
    Free Member

Nice one, hope the weather treats you nicely. OK today down here, awful tomorrow, but who cares hey…

aguesty1
    Free Member

Nice, just finishing my coffee then do the 80 mile trip to Llandegla….

roach

Just started my coffee at home not far from Afan, enjoy the trails! 8)

Deciding whether to ride today as woke up with a sore throat. It’ll be the road for me anyway probably 😳

fadda

I’m waiting for my 6 y-o to wake up, then we’re off to do the Verderers in the FoD today.

Not quite as epic, but I can’t wait!

matt_outandabout

Bright sunshine, snow, frosty, Landy 110 on hire, my bike and a day of chasing DofE’ers around the mountains. Ace 8)

flap_jack
    Free Member

Having done it myself, can visualise perfectly. Put a good image in my mind to start the day. Enjoy !

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Just the other side of the valley from The Lodge, enjoying a coffee and going to grab a quick hour on the roadie before heading into Diff for Critical Mass, at least the weather looks good, even if the trails might be a little muddy underfoot, enjoy it, oh and the breakfast at The Lodge

mcboo
    Free Member

Rain already arrived in London, that’s it set for the whole weekend. Boooooooooooo.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Ahh that was me just 3 weeks ago.Nice fry up,then downstairs to get the bike out of the bike store and a short ride to the first rail.Perfect.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Im jusy about to head out on a 40 milr road ride, will get out in the mud tomorrow.

😀

ask1974
    Free Member

RJ, not wrong chap. Full English with poached, sets the day up nicely… Now, where’s me bike!

widge34
    Free Member

Jealous. Bike is out of action as shock is away being serviced/fixed. 😥

Kryton57

mcboo – Member
    Rain already arrived in London, that’s it set for the whole weekend. Boooooooooooo.

Quite. I had a big ride planned today as it wasn’t supposed to arrive until 1pm. Sitting here with coffee watching the Tour of Turkey trying to get inspired to do a wet 50k.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Unusually, bright sunshine up here in scotland. doing the devils staircase.. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a great day, was due to spend 3 days around Brechfa and the Beacons this week but cancelled it based on weather, clearly I’m too soft.

TiRed

Hope the weather is better than when we went two weeks ago. Sun on the beach and an inch of hail settled on the ground at the top 😯 . Still a great day, and the kids want to go back 😀

allyharp

Unusually, bright sunshine up here in scotland. doing the devils staircase

Jealous. 🙁

chopchop
    Free Member

I minced around the fireroads at Afan this morning for a leg stretch, first ride after a crash 3 weeks ago. Cant wait until my arm heals properly 🙁
    Really quiet up there this morning, only saw a handful of riders about.

ask1974
    Free Member

Well that was well worth it. Not a drop of rain and just a pesky wind on Skyline which made it quite a slog on the fire road. Whites level in the morning was absolutely superb and we did the black loop as well. That last section is a bit of a surprise when carrying speed isn’t it…. Thank you Orange, I just properly found out how good my bike is 😀

How was your day?

hugor
    Free Member

Wind was insane today. A chopper was landing as I arrived – ominous!
    A guy not 2 metres in front of me did the most spectacular OTB on the whites final descent. Was fine fortunately.
    The goodwood diversion is pissing me off as it the bog they make you walk through before darkside.
    Surprisingly quiet for a weekend.

ask1974
    Free Member

First time for us so we don’t know what we missed. But the bog was a little unpleasant I agree. Still, the bit afterwards is a hoot.

hugor
    Free Member

Goodwood is fast flowy techy and has the boarded sections which are heaps of fun.
    Its my favourite section in the whole forest.
    Gives you a reason to come back.
    Whatcha doing tomorrow?
    Weather looks like it will be properly shite!

ask1974
    Free Member

Weather not so hot and had been thinking of Cwncarn and the uplift, but that’s fully booked. Now looking at Y’ Wal as it looks fun. Still considering options. Bloody weather…

Paceman
    Free Member

Y’Wal is ace… Enjoy 😀

hugor
    Free Member

If the weather wasn’t going to be so shite I could take you on a natural epic in the beacons. So many brilliant rides to choose from.
    I hate being remote in such conditions though.
    The wall is a great ride as it the twrch at cwm carn.
    Both cope very well with the weather cause its Wales after all!
    Cwm carn has a very techy difficult climb while whites is a long boring forest road climb.
    Personally I think their probably equal in terms of fun factor.

ask1974
    Free Member

Thanks Hugor, I think Y’Wal will win as it’s on our doorstep.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘06.55 and nursing a cup of tea at Afan Lodge…’ is closed to new replies.