What are the best mountain bike grips? Wil’s tested a bunch over the years, and here he’s put together five of his favourite lock-on grips. Over to Wil!
Makers of grips, bar tape, gloves and body armour, Lizard Skins was an early adopter of lock-on mountain bike grips, having launched some iconic models over the years like the classic Logo. Starting out during the sport’s heyday back in 1993, the brand now offers no fewer than 20 different grip models.
As well as being the first single sided lock-on grip from Lizard Skins, the MacAskill is purportedly the brand’s most technical grip too.
Lizard Skins Lock-On MacAskill Grip Specs
- Diameter: 29mm
- Total length: 136mm
- Grip area length: 129mm grip length
- Single locking clamp w/3mm hex screw
- Confirmed weight: 84g
- Colour options: Black, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange
- RRP: £26 / $49.95 AUD
On The Trail
The rest of this review is for members only. If you have an account, please log in. If not, you can get access by registering here for free.
Members get access to exclusive content like this but they also get..
- Fewer ads
- Post comments to stories
- Join in forum discussions
- Sell unwanted kit for free in our Classifieds
- Automatic shop discount on Singletrack merchandise
- Access more members only content
Premier members get more
- Magazine content in print 6x/year post free
- App access to every new issue of Singletrack
- Ad free website
- Big discounts on shop merchandise
- Access downloads like GPX files, PDFs and even iBooks
- Full mag archive access to all Singletrack back issues
Premier membership starts at just 1.99
|Product:||MacAskill Lock-On Grips|
|Price:||£26 / $49.95 AUD|
|Tested:||by Wil Barrett for 9 months|