• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • zilog6128

Apparently 5 laps of the Volcano route = 1,000 xp.

there’s an achievement for it, so you can only do it once obviously. Dunno how many XP it equates to (I assume all the achievements are the same?) Theres also one for 10 and 20 laps.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Might join the ZSUN ride tonight, looks like they’re doing the volcano route. Will be another close call with kids bedtime. Joined the last ride I went on with 30 second left on the countdown clock!

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Dear Zwift,

We’d all happily trade the new volcano route for some sodding stability.

Thank you

Anyone thinking of riding Zwift tonight best make a plan B as it’s on it’s arse again

weeksy

Injured here. The calves I thought were getting better are actually not. So I’m on my 2nd day of rest and leg is on ice tonight.

pahoehoe
    Free Member

i wondered why only 24 people were on the ztr start line. 1/4 way up the volcano I found out!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Balls 🙁

GolfChick
    Free Member

thankfully chose to rest tonight or I’d be routeless!

scaredypants

Anyone thinking of riding Zwift tonight best make a plan B as it’s on it’s arse again

Ah, is that right? May just skip the race at 8 then

zilog6128

I’ve just tried logging in to watch & I was able to but it was not a smooth process. Everything seems laggy & generally ballsed up. Will give it a miss tonight then!

scaredypants

logged in but there’s no roads to ride

not promising, even from a grammar perspective 😉

scaredypants

Out of interest, do any of the other services (bkool etc) have a free trial period ?

theotherjonv

It’s all my fault, since I finished my free trial and signed up it’s been shit.

Starting to wonder about other platforms TBH, I have pretty hectic work/life/kids club schedules and organising schedules around the various Zwift events is going to be a PITA if they then aren’t available. Twice out of four times now……

jim25

completed my first trip up the mountain and up to the radio tower with a 5.30 ZHR up and down race!
    WOw thats a long way up!
    I’m hoping it has been succesful, as 2 minutes after I crossed the line zwift started going all funky, no riders names were being displayed and some really bag lag happening, I logged out and it took ages to close down. Hopefully all is not lost!

jim25

Either way for me, was still a good ride though. Had made some bike adjustments and feeling more comfortable.
    Swapped out for a 30mm shorter stem and also fitted a ISM saddel after reading about them on another thread. Made a big difference to bike comfort for sure, I can really recommend the ISM saddle allready to anyone getting “numb bum” syndrome!

Gilesey
    Free Member

Me too jim – was glad to have completed the ZHR race, but some results would be nice after all that!

Ride was showing as (partial) on the zwift website, and I was able to manually upload the .fit file to strava so hopefully results will turn up eventually on zwiftpower.

From a purely selfish POV it makes me very nervous that Zwift just won’t be able to scale to meet it’s growth in popularity.

pahoehoe
    Free Member

WEEKSY I want my £8 back. You sold me into this Zwift thing and its rubbish. Never works. Useless.

Its really messed with my training plan and my HR data is all wrong now. Probably I’ll come 145th in that sportive instead of 140th as a direct result of this evenings missed training. I’m going to have to do some extra mindfulness to get over this disappointment.

weeksy

Send me your Pp over.

jim25

How do you important a fit file to strava please?

scaredypants

top right of your strava page is a small + sign
    tell it to upload a file, then select “from file” then choose the .fit file from documents/zwift/activities

nathb
    Free Member

@weeksy: Stages versus Tacx
    [video]https://youtu.be/eoxG0OU252Y[/video]

I got a New Jersey this evening:

Wonder how long this will last for:

jim25

Sorted, thanks

crosshair
    Free Member

Well done Nath!
    I had what felt like my first proper race in ages. The turbo, the bike, the pm, the road feel and the intensity all felt super smooth too!
    I think it was a great crit-sim.

Got beat in the sprint by my team mate though 🙁

weeksy

Bit different to my video Nath!

cheers_drive

That hurt
    Just finished KISS race, as usual I got stuck in no mans land between groups but at least this time I had one other rider with me, although he played the game better a mugged me on the last climb after taking the benefit of me bridging a 20s gap.
    FTP is back was 240 again so I reckon the 270 a few weeks back was a Zpower blip, now I’m on a smart trainer.
    Good work on the volcano nathb! The section itself is a bit disappointing and shows up the poor graphic quality (I’m sure the original Halo was better 15 years ago).

nathb
    Free Member

Nice race @CH

Just a bit @weeksy! I think the differences are the Tacx smoothing the numbers more than the Stages? Or my lumpy pedalling…

Really had to drag myself onto Zwift this evening, I’m not even commuting this week as I’m waiting for the correct size bearings for my rear wheel..

greentricky
    Free Member

Did a group ride today but was a complete shambles due to the server issues, ride leader was 5mins behind the group as wouldnt let them in, so all just fell to pieces

Metasequoia

I just did 2 hrs ish. x5 volcano and up the mountain etc- no stability issues at all- I must be lucky! On iOS.

Toasty

Yeah, i had about an hour and a half on there. No issues. Login seemed to be broken around 8ish, but it let me in shortly after. I think theyre doing pretty well, not much software can handle you fully disconnecting and reconnecting mid session, its pretty tidy.

scaredypants

I got on later too – bimble round the volcano ’til I got some big points bonus and then pretty much gave up (was the bonus for “x” laps or something? Can’t have been for massive pace, unless it was for setting a new best effort by 10% or something)

cheers_drive

Zwiftpower.com is now sorted and I was 4th in last night’s kiss race, Missed out on 3rd place by 3s, I need a power meter upgrade like weeksy 😀

weeksy

Come and borrow it mate

Depressed. Been carrying this injury for a little while, couple of days off here, couple of easier days there and i think i’ve got it beat… but then find i’m not quite there.

Yesterday i must have done something even while sitting at my desk…. but it’s rubbish now…. Had it on ice last night, then later in the bath…. this morning…. Rubbish.

I’m thinking it’s a good week off…. if not more.

GRRRRR

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

I’d like to do the SZR race tonight but fully expect Zwift to fall over again. I’ve reactivated my trainerroad subscription

nathb
    Free Member

That’s rubbish @weeksy – rest up properly!

I’m looking forward to some crit racing on the volcano – should be realistic?

weeksy

Without wanting to derail the thread… How do i realistically know how long ? I’ve got a tubigrip type thing on it now so it’s resting… I’m staying off it mostly as i’m an IT nerd so it’s not like i do manual labour… but it’s proper painful when i move/stand. Do i start easing back into it once it feels ‘almost’ right, or wait until i don’t get any twinges of pain at all from it… I don’t know really.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Bah, logged in to go exploring the volcano and ended up in Richmond 🙁

scaredypants

I believe there’s some startup code you can use to ride a different area MG – I guess lots of people might be doing it today

markgraylish
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m aware of that though i haven’t tried it yet, but as far as I can remember, Richmond hasn’t been used for months and I thought they (Zwift) would be promoting the new loops…ho hum

scaredypants

yeah – I got an email from them at nine last night, promoting the new area

stumpy01

Bloody typical!
    Got a cold so didn’t ride on Monday; waiting to see if it got any worse.
    It was no worse yesterday, so rushed home, waited ’til I’d put my daughter to bed and then a whirlwind of getting changed & sorting my stuff out….

Into the garage – Wi-Fi extender not connecting to the internet for some reason……faff around trying to work out what’s going on, get it working, attempt to log into Zwift……nope….it’s not working….

GAH! Screw this, I’ll go and watch some telly instead…..pack everything away & just as I’m about to go inside the house, Zwift loads up & starts……balls!!

Gonna have to start getting the laptop set-up as soon as I get home I think & have Zwift logged in before I am actually planning to ride….

cheers_drive

weeksy – Member
    I’m thinking it’s a good week off…. if not more.

You ride pretty much everyday, I think you’ll be surprised that taking a week off might actually do you good (physically that is, mentally maybe not)

Viewing 40 posts - 2,521 through 2,560 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.