• This topic has 15,382 replies, 380 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,761 through 4,800 (of 15,383 total)
  • Zwift, my journey, my weight and my fitness.
  • nathb
    Free Member

Yeah that was bloody painful trying to maintain the required watts meant I was spinning at c.105 rpm.

It worked for the last few minutes though, it’s like it decided it was too much of an effort to offer resistance against the higher numbers 😆

weeksy

Hoping to jump back on Zwift this evening, it’s been a while since i’ve done any, so not sure if i’ll enter a race or do a social ride yet, there’s a PACK 2.0 ride at 7pm which would suit, but there’s Europe race at 8pm which would either kill or cure me 🙂

Either way, i think it may e painful !

b1gf00t
    Free Member

Back from holiday and 12 non riding days, so tried a few races in the last couple of days. Power is down a bit, but fields are even smaller now, no groups to hide in when there is less than 20 in the whole event. Outdoors tonight for a TT, hopefully the wind drops before 7 then back on Zxwift again tomorrow for more training/racing.

blitz

Haven’t been on Zwift for a while but might try the Kiss race at 8pm if I can get the kids down in time. Wife’s away for a couple of days with work so can’t get out on the road. Good opportunity to get back on Zwift.

weeksy

I’ll be in C Mr Blitz.

blader1611
    Free Member

I did a wbr race on saturday and finished 8th in what was a very fast race (ended with 3.78w/kg and 314w) i then checked the whole weekends worth of the same race (its repeated throughout the days) and if i had entered any of the other wbr race i would have won by over 2 minutes! I picked the only race with fast cat A riders in it!

weeksy

Awww nightmare mate.

I’m a little scared about tonight!

weeksy

massivwe bunch!

blitz

Had a mare. Got the kids down with 10 mins to spare. Signed up for Cat C, got the bike on the turbo, grabbed some water…..1 minute to go jumped on the bike and start peddling, only to find I haven’t attached the bloody cadence sensor back on to the chainstay! Missed the start and couldn’t be arsed to do pootle round. The house is a mess so my exercise is now a bit of tidying up instead. At least the bike is on there and set up now so hopefully get on tomorrow instead! Good luck Weeksy!

weeksy

Oh my word ! That was such a laugh ! I felt great, which condsidering i couldn’t walk on Sunday, i’m quite shocked at.

Was a group of 25+ C riders, so i kept doing a countdown and trying to break the bunch ! hard hard hard 2 mins…. then a bit off…. i got a 9s lead at one stage but no way i could hold on alone so eased back, rested up, went again, then again…. We grabbed and tagged a few Bs, it was then down to 18 or so… On the last kicker a few lads went for it… i grabbed a wheel and hung on… 400m to go i went all in ! pulled a few in but lost a few over the last 100m.

Way the most fun race on Zwift i’ve had.

I even got a new FTP from it of 301 ! Awesome fun !

weeksy

Oh poop !

Exceeded limits… Upgrade !

blitz

Well done Weeksy. Unlucky with the DQ

weeksy

I’m well happy to be bumped 🙂 new FTP and a bump, awesome !

b1gf00t
    Free Member

My TT was cancelled due to high winds, and I just managed to get back in time for the Kiss A race. Stayed with the lead group for two laps, but the lack of warm up or fitness showed and I rode most of the remaining laps solo.

Weeksy, well done on joining the B’s.

nathb
    Free Member

I just got me an upgrade (replacement)

I’ll be doing some races next week after an FTP on Saturday.

weeksy

Too windy outside so i’m going to jump on a WBR 4 lap flat at 10.05am today. As much as CH isn’t convinced the racing is the best plan for training, i enjoy it and in particular today for example, it would likely be the difference between me exercising or not.

WBR Races are a bit screwy as they’re non-cat and they seem to randomly put you in the cats based upon your performance.

Will be leaving the B in my name though now anyway, all or nothing. ! I fully expect to be last or so in B.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

How was the WBR race? Would have joined in but could not get sorted in time, so did the ZHR race and finished 3rd. Still feeling tired from earlier in the the week, my average HR was 50 lower than the two that beat me. Trying to TT outdoors again tomorrow, but dual carriageways in the wet are not my favourite way of spending Saturday afternoons.

weeksy

6th out of 9 in B. (I’d have won C).

It was a bit of a lonely race in honesty. But i suspected as much. First 2 laps there was 2 then 3 of us, but i couldn’t stay with them so was dropped, they ended up 52s ahead of me at the end. The last 2 laps were me hanging in to stay ahead of the other B’s who were behind and working together and closing, but i managed it. For some reason the circuit was exceptionally quiet. In fact i’m not sure i saw ANY other riders… Is it changed recently so in a race you only see the guys you’re racing ?

Performance wasn’t quite up to earlier this week… but i’m happy enough.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

One of the recent changes in Zwift is that in a race you only see riders in your race, but non racers can see you race and sit on your wheel but you will never know about it. Drafting non racers or other races is no longer possible.

weeksy

Oh, i see…. I’m not sure i like that, especially as i was sitting there at times thinking “Hell, i could do with a draft right now”

But no, obviously i didn’t get one at all.

nathb
    Free Member

Good change IMO

blader1611
    Free Member

So i tried the ftp test today, probably not the best idea after a left over chinese takeaway breakfast. Never done one before and i was a little put off when i struggled to reach the required 380 watts. There was no resistance on the trainer so i was in top gear spinning at 125rpm which was just crazy. Did i do something wrong or is this normal? Anyway did the 20 minute session at the end and i reckon i paced it just right as i was spent by the end. Anyway it turns out my ftp is 310w, i have no idea what this equates to in the real world but is that about right for a dribbling middle aged man in his mid forties?

crosshair
    Free Member

Weeksy- I think Zwift racing is a great workout. It’s just not the way to train at getting faster at Zwift races 😉

….unless you race to blow up which you won’t because of your rankings.

So Zwift-race away to your hearts content but don’t wonder why improvements plateau 🙂

crosshair
    Free Member

Well done Blader! 310 is great.

blader1611
    Free Member

Thanks Crosshair, I reckon i could increase that by a few watts now that i know what to expect plus be better prepared for it but i reckon its pretty much a best effort from me. At least i now have some sort of base to go off. Is it possible from this test to calculate my zones or is that more a HR thing?

scaredypants

There was no resistance on the trainer so i was in top gear spinning at 125rpm which was just crazy. Did i do something wrong or is this normal?

sounds wrong to me but depends on how you had it set up – when I’ve done one I’ve not tried to use erg mode or anything but have done a nice flat route and just ridden round it

310 is better than me (as a dribbling 52yr old) but weight also matters a lot when you evaluate results. I’m 78kg or so and ran 295 as my best (of 2 proper) test, so 310w for a 20 min test. I also found the zwift method unsettling as it made me ride really hard in the warm-up but it seems there’s good reason for that and if you know it’s coming then it’s not so bad

(missed the important bit):
    I expect you’ve got more than that, judging by your results compared to mine – unless you’re quite a lot lighter

blader1611
    Free Member

Scaredypants – trainer was set up in normal fashion in fact i have never changed the set up since day one. It did seem odd to have to spin it so fast, rather throw me off till i got used to it. The actual 20 min test had plenty of resistance so i assume the warm up was meant to be non restistant. I reckon i am about 80kg so not far off you.
    I might try another test in a months time and see if anything is different.

weeksy

Cracking battle of STW today in the P race, I gave my all but he had me in the last 1500m and stuffed me. I tried 6 small attacks during the race to thin the bunch out, only managed to drop 1 though. I then had to chase back on twice after a split, but at the end I had nothing!

Win and 4th for Stw
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/race.php?id=9870

Long race, hence me racing C

eemy
    Free Member

Weeksy, I was trying to get a small break towards the end of lap 2, but no one seemed to want to go with it. It was a good race though. Thoroughly enjoyed it – makes it all the sweeter that I also seem to have won now that a few people have been bumped from the results.

weeksy

2 of us came with you, but no sooner did we pull 3s then the pack closed it.

Was fun for sure, good bunch all working like lunatics.

Congratulations on the well deserved win!

crosshair
    Free Member

Hooray!! After a bit of luck with a random 4.0w/kg guy passing me a couple of miles out, I jumped in his draft for a lead out, attacked the mall sprint and got my first ever jersey 🙂

It was at the end of an hour long workout too so a really good race sim too.

mssansserif
    Free Member

Tried my first FTP test, safe to say it’s not as impressive as blader’s.

Managed a 161 watts at 69Kg. So 2.3 w/kg give or take, the only way is up eh? 😆

crosshair
    Free Member

It won’t take long 😉

I think I was around 2.4 when I started on Zwift.

I want to write a nice meaty article/blog post called “Cat D to Cat 3” but I need to score 12 BC points before I can do that 😆

nathb
    Free Member

Why can’t I turn off that silly motion blurring?!

It’s so annoying, hurts my eyes…

I’m talking about this:

I’m going to be venturing out on Zwift in the morning as the weather forecast looks dire! Anyone doing the WBR race at 10:05??

crosshair
    Free Member

I quite like it 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Wondered about it, forecast looks good here, so may go outside.

AFAIK you can’t turn off the motion blur on intervals, agree I’m not a fan.

b1gf00t
    Free Member

I don’t like the blurring, very clever that Zwift can do it but it goes on for too long, and too often on bad turbo days.

Probably doing the 8:20 race tomorrow, but if I don’t wake up in time 10:05 is the next choice.

blader1611
    Free Member

Is the blurring only on the workouts? I have only seen it once and that was on yesterdays ftp test, at first i thought it was my internet connection until i realised it was an effect.

nathb
    Free Member

Yeah just on workouts.

Victory!!!

Well happy with that, only had 30 secs warmup and my legs didn’t really wake up to full cadence (spent most the race grinding at low cadence).

Felt very much like a real race, just sitting on tick over with a few digs. Then the last couple of KM a bit quicker with a sprint finish:

weeksy

Good man! Top performance!

Viewing 40 posts - 4,761 through 4,800 (of 15,383 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.