Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Zillertal singletrack, worth a visit?
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Keep coming across tantalising snippets of Zillertal offering great xc/trail riding – anyone been? I realise it’s a destination for the RedSock+Bobbly Brigade but away from the hotspots (Mayrhofen etc) is it worth a punt?

devash
    Free Member

I went there snowboarding in January. Beautiful place so I’d say that even if it doesn’t have the ‘gnar’ factor your probably enjoy yourself a lot.

nealglover
    Free Member

I lived in the Zillertal for ten years, and there is a massive amount to go at.

The valley is huge and there are loads of places in both directions from Mayrhofen, transport down the valley towards Jenbach is easy too as the Zillertalbahn train runs all the way down the valley stopping close to most villages.

freehighlander
    Free Member

I was there last year and very Vereeeeee hot.
    First off there did seem to be a lot to have a go at, from various walking trips around I saw loads official and and unofficial trails.

Second unless you like doing extreme stuff on long stem hardtail xc bikes DONT Bother trying to hire a bike. I tried to hire a full sus but I was nt german and my name was nt Hans. Unless you want to pootle about on the valley floor of course. The English guy in the Cube centre was Very condescending.

Also as I am British?/Scottish the brakes on the hire were in Ero mode Ie back to front.

After all that I would defo go biking in the Ziller Valley again but I will be taking my own bike or at the very least sorting out a suitable full sus. 😆

professor_fate
    Free Member

Been there a long time ago hiking but not with a bike. Planning on taking mine so the hardware shouldn’t be a problem. Does the train (steam, if I recall? ) allow bikes on board?

nealglover
    Free Member

Does the train (steam, if I recall? ) allow bikes on board?

Don’t what the official policy is, but I used to take mine on all the time.

Not a steam train normally, just special occasions.

professor_fate
    Free Member

Not a steam train normally, just special occasions.

must have been a special occasion as i was there… 😆 (or just special!{thought i’d say it before some wag here 😉 })

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Zillertal singletrack, worth a visit?’ is closed to new replies.