Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Zesty/Spicy – removing pivot bushings – help please!
  • razorrazoo

Have managed to replace the bearings on my 2014 Zesty, but need to do the articulation bushings which are located at end of seat/chainstays.

Has anyone tacked this job before, I’m wondering the best way to extract the little buggers, they seem pretty solidly set in place?

downhilldave

Bit of lube thro the hole first, think it’s underneath. Use a socket just smaller then the bush, with a bigger socket (to sit on the chainstay that will let the bush pass thru. Add a vice and Bob’s yer wotsit. Simples

matt_outandabout

Ours used to work out of its own accord.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Lever the top hats out with a screw driver and then use either a socket the right size and a hammer to smash the bushings out or something tapered to drive into the bushing (you’re replacing it anyway) and then rotate it back and forth while pushing and it’ll come out.

razorrazoo

Thanks all, plenty to try tomorrow!

b45her
    Free Member

if the articulation inserts dont just pop out leave them there, the spacers just need to be prized out with a screw driver.

razorrazoo

All done and dusted using the combo of tips. Hopefully this will sort the squeak every time the suspension compresses!

doorag
    Free Member

On my 2013 Zesty they just fell out. They’d worn the chainstay hole out. Same thing happened to the main pivot. Shame. The bearings should have been located in the frame instead of the stays as the pivot bolt just sat against the frame metal and wore each other out. That was a brilliant bike let down by engineering.

razorrazoo

Well put everything back together and a quick bounce test reveals no squeak so fingers crossed. One of the metal inserts had a big score across it (maybe a bit of grit worked its way in) so thinking that may have been the cause.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Zesty/Spicy – removing pivot bushings – help please!’ is closed to new replies.