Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yup, its another 'Hope' warranty plug !
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Hope doing it again to keep us UK riders on the trails.
    Thanks guys 😆

One Floating Rotor, 18 months iold with a rattling sound. Rivits seem to have failed and causing braking surface to move from the alloy spider.

One email to Hope – send it in Chris we will take a look. New free of charge rotor 48hrs later.

Seperate from above – 8 month old Hope Evo rear hub, bought from Just riding along as part of a JRA wheel build. Pawl springs gone over winter. JRA wanted £3.50 to send me new ones and told me I could fit them myself – Rubbish after only 8 months in my opinion. One call to Hope – set of spirngs free of charge 24hrs later.

Just ANOTHER thread praising British Companies who like to look after their punters.

Why do I buy Hope……………………..No idea 😆

sugdenr
    Free Member

I’m sensing a bit of a theme here, you keep riding things to destruction. What havent you broken on your bike this winter? 😕

I’m not knocking Hope, I think they have great products, but I do think they are clever in developing the ‘perfect warranty/perfect product’ mystique. Fact is I hear load of people talking about the great Hope warranty – which actually means loads of their stuff breaks.

But I dont hear people going on about say Shimano stuff always breaking (lets not re-start the cup/cone vs cartridge bearing debate again).

Superstar would do well to take a leaf out of Hope’s book and stop arguing with everyone about warranty problems, because the bad sentiment really harms their otherwise excellent business model.

batfink
    Free Member

“company in faulty-goods timely replacement shocker”

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m not knocking Hope, I think they have great products, but I do think they are clever in developing the ‘perfect warranty/perfect product’ mystique. Fact is I hear load of people talking about the great Hope warranty – which actually means loads of their stuff breaks.

But I dont hear people going on about say Shimano stuff always breaking (lets not re-start the cup/cone vs cartridge bearing debate again).

IME its more to do with the fact almost everyone runs something Hope, especialy the hubs which are almost ubiquitous on mid/high end custom built bikes? Couple that with it’s non-disposable-ness (superstar, if the rim broke you’d just buy a new wheel rather than pay for a rebuild) whereas I’ve an XC hub on it’s 4th rim, 10 years with just bearing changes every 2 isn’t bad. If it broke tomorrow I’d say it’s had a good lifetime, but at the same time Hope would probbaly replace it based on what friends have had (mono Ti replaced with a Pro2 evo for example!)

I split a pro2 hub before christmass and they replaced without question and rebuilt the wheel, I’m not even the original owner.

c_klein87

i wish the pawl springs in my pro 2 lasted 8months! good note on the disc, i have a rotor where the disc moves on the spider, i will drop them a email

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fact is I hear load of people talking about the great Hope warranty – which actually means loads of their stuff breaks.

Everything breaks at some point and Hope actually fix it when it does.

relliott6879
    Free Member

sugdenrMember

Fact is I hear load of people talking about the great Hope warranty – which actually means loads of their stuff breaks.

But I dont hear people going on about say Shimano stuff always breaking.

Not necessarily, not a disproportionate amount to other manufacturers anyway. It just means that Hope actually do something about it if something does break.

The reason people post on here about Hope’s warranty replacements (or in a lot of cases, replacements of kit that was out of warranty eons ago) is because they’re pleasantly surprised and want to tell people about it. The norm in today’s society is for the manufacturer to say “The warranty ran out 3 days ago, unlucky, jog on.” or “We deem that your shiny new item turning to cheese on the first ride was due to fair wear and tear, unlucky, jog on.”

If someone posted a thread up here saying “I asked Madison to repair my 8 year old XTR hub and they said no.” then the response would undoubtedly be something along the lines of “Err, yeah, what’s your point?” Hence when a Shimano, SRAM, Avid etc product fails, we don’t tend to hear about it much, as the owner simply puts it down to experience and buys something to replace it.

By offering the outstanding customer service that they do, Hope give people confidence in their product, meaning they’ll probably go back to Hope the next time they want to buy something and also advise their friends to do the same. One way of telling them is to post the good news on an internet forum.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

This isnt the first time I have needed ‘Hope’ so…..I will use them regardless of what others think. I think we all know a good UK product when we see them and thats simply what Hope are.

Thread end !
    😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yup, its another 'Hope' warranty plug !’ is closed to new replies.