Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • YT Industries – any experiences?
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I probably should have asked this before I made an order but didn’t think there would be an issue.

I ordered a new bike from them last Thursday, all paid for, all fine. I double checked the confirmation they emailed to me and somehow the shipping address is incorrect (i’ve had an account with them for a year or two and their system must have pulled up my old address despite me changing it). No problem I thought, I fired an email to them immediately to confirm that the shipping address should actually be the same as my billing address.

So, 5 days later, still no response to my email, just an invoice to confirm payment has been recieved with still the incorrect shipping address. So I tried to call them yesterday a few times but it just rings out.

I’m panicking a bit now.

andylc
    Free Member

It’s all been a big conspiracy – YT Industries doesn’t actually exist. The bike is computer generated and somewhere on a tropical island a criminal mastermind is laundering your money as we speak.

ekul
    Free Member

I don’t think their communications are particularly good. 2 of my riding buddies have just received them, one just turned up on the expected week but with no warning, no dispatch email or anything. The other was similar, but his was slightly late so he asked for a tracking number… which he received after the bike had been delivered.

I’d reply to the email with the invoice on, using the same subject header. Maybe it will be seen quicker that way? Certainly something Canyon asked me to do to make sure they dealt with it quicker.

Good luck!

scaled
    Free Member

I had great service from them, a guy called wolfgang generally replied on the same day.

I was emailing info@yt-industries.com and getting replies from wolfgang.decker@yt-industries.com if that’s any help

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s all been a big conspiracy – YT Industries doesn’t actually exist. The bike is computer generated and somewhere on a tropical island a criminal mastermind is laundering your money as we speak.

Not quite the point I was making, more that if I can’t actually get hold of anyone via phone or email and they ship a bike to the wrong address it’s going to be bloody headache trying to sort it out.

I had great service from them, a guy called wolfgang generally replied on the same day.

I was emailing info@yt-industries.com and getting replies from wolfgang.decker@yt-industries.com if that’s any help

Thanks Scaled, I’ll try those email addresses and see if I can get a response.

iolo
    Free Member

In wales we have this box. You enter in numbers in an specific order (unique to each person/company) and their box makes a noise/vibrate. You can then use actual speech to actually talk to someone who might be able to help. If you use google you can get the numbers you need to press. Don’t worry though, I’ve done it for you.

http://www.yt-industries.com/en/campaign/index/emotionId/74

blahblahblah
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    In wales we have this box. You enter in numbers in an specific order (unique to each person/company) and their box makes a noise/vibrate. You can then use actual speech to actually talk to someone who might be able to help.

Wow I had no idea things in Wales were that backwards! I’ve been using a phone for years to do the same thing. 😀

ninenailspete
    Free Member

Found their phone response was flawless, while their email response can be pretty slow.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

In wales we have this box. You enter in numbers in an specific order (unique to each person/company) and their box makes a noise/vibrate. You can then use actual speech to actually talk to someone who might be able to help. If you use google you can get the numbers you need to press. Don’t worry though, I’ve done it for you.

Always read to the end before you go all smart arse iolo

…So I tried to call them yesterday a few times but it just rings out.

vorlich
    Free Member

Guy I ride with has a Capra, it’s only cracked the twice.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Guy I ride with has a Capra, it’s only cracked the twice.

Jeez, don’t say that. You’re taking the shine off my new bike excitement.

scaled
    Free Member

I ride a capra, I’ve destroyed 2 sets of wheels but the frame is still perfect 😉

vorlich
    Free Member

Sorry. He loves it otherwise! But between the frame issues, getting parts from BOS and a failed Reverb, he’s been talking of selling it once he gets it back.

First crack was at the hanger, I believe the design was changed to address this. Second one seems like the BB shell insert has slipped causing a hairline running around the edge of the shell .

Was discussing this the other day – I just wouldn’t buy a carbon frame, not because the material isn’t up to the job, but because I’m not convinced the QC is there in the bike biz. Hope yours serves you well.

tonto
    Free Member

I thought they were slow to respond, turns out their replies where going in my spam folder as they originate from abroad.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Sorry. He loves it otherwise! But between the frame issues, getting parts from BOS and a failed Reverb, he’s been talking of selling it once he gets it back.

First crack was at the hanger, I believe the design was changed to address this. Second one seems like the BB shell insert has slipped causing a hairline running around the edge of the shell .

Was discussing this the other day – I just wouldn’t buy a carbon frame, not because the material isn’t up to the job, but because I’m not convinced the QC is there in the bike biz. Hope yours serves you well.

Ahh yeah, i remember that issue with hanger on the early Capra’s. I’ve actually opted for the Aluminium version of the Tuesday DH, as I’m just not convinced on it for Downhill applications. I can cope with the little extra weight.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

So, after numerous phone calls to Germany and the couriers I got my bike in the end. Took a 90 mile round trip to collect it. Very very poor service from YT.

When I got it home and out the box it had a broken mech hanger and cracked mech. So another phone call to YT, to be told to email pics of the broken parts. So another week before I get a response to that. The bike is lovely but I am absolutely fuming at YT. There customer service is appalling. They have made error after error and when I asked why it took them 6 days to respond to emails, they just said ‘because we have too many’. Brilliant.

cumberlandsausage
    Free Member

Always go to Wolfgang, he gets stuff done!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Slung a leg over a Capra, the hype seemed justified it’s a well sorted bike. Have no idea how they last and how consistent a product the customer receives though!

Definitely agree about QC in MTB being piss poor. IME it’s a Heath Robinson Clampett sector (seen tubes welded on crooked, many components way beyond any any reasonable engineering spec I’ve ever worked too! and a just put up with it and ride attitude), that is not scutinised/subjected to the same tolerances, forces, extremes of operating temperature, expensive R&D and lifespan as the automotive industry, with some demanding prices uncomfortably close to their more advanced and consistent counterparts.

Regardless of market scale and given outsourced (in third world shacks) lean manufacturing, some are taking the royal piss.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘YT Industries – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.