Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LED light recommendations for inside a tent
  • danandem
    Free Member

Looking for an LED light for inside a tent / caravan awning. Will have a 240v 3 pin plug – any recommendations?

Cheers Dan

CountZero

Dunno about a mains one, there’s loads of battery/solar ones around, I got one from Aldi; it’s fairly large, typical hanging lantern, cost peanuts, does the job.
    Tesco do a variety of cheap lights: http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/torches-lanterns/cat19320005.cat
    Shitloads here, too: http://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/gb/Tent-Lights-and-Lanterns/c-79.aspx
    Fill yer boots! 😀

cbike
    Free Member

9 or 12 volt battery and some LED flexistrip.

Labcraft if you want posh extruded aluminium.

Mugboo

We use a screwfix inspection lamp, the lower powered one is enough light for a tent.

scaredypants

remember to switch it off before, … you know 😳

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Actually that is a good point to raise:

Any lamp with a small light emitter and a projector lens arrangement (most led units) will cast a really sharp shadow! 😳

Maybe best go for a light with a large opalescent bulb.

Depends what sort of campsite you’re on, I guess.

Nick

Decathlon have various options for not much money

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’ve used solar leds and they lit the tent but in the end still prefer the old semi-opaque plastic milk container filled with water with a headtorch strapped around it (light source pointing inwards towards the water giving a great ambient glow). And a few tealights in sturdy holders.

Cougar

Decathlon have various options for not much money

They do little square ones as part of a ‘system’, with adapters for headbands and such. They’re ace.

Innes
    Free Member

Glowe

Trinity

I havent used these, but I have a few of Alpkits headtorches and they are very good.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Solar powered light

Got one of these. Great bit of kit. Light, and light. And solar powered. And for a good cause.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘LED light recommendations for inside a tent’ is closed to new replies.