Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LED light recommendations for inside a tent
  • danandem

Looking for an LED light for inside a tent / caravan awning. Will have a 240v 3 pin plug – any recommendations?

Cheers Dan

Premier Icon CountZero
    Subscriber

Dunno about a mains one, there’s loads of battery/solar ones around, I got one from Aldi; it’s fairly large, typical hanging lantern, cost peanuts, does the job.
    Tesco do a variety of cheap lights: http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-leisure/torches-lanterns/cat19320005.cat
    Shitloads here, too: http://www.campingworld.co.uk/en/gb/Tent-Lights-and-Lanterns/c-79.aspx
    Fill yer boots! 😀

cbike

9 or 12 volt battery and some LED flexistrip.

Labcraft if you want posh extruded aluminium.

Premier Icon Mugboo
    Subscriber

We use a screwfix inspection lamp, the lower powered one is enough light for a tent.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

remember to switch it off before, … you know 😳

Premier Icon gofasterstripes
    Subscriber

Actually that is a good point to raise:

Any lamp with a small light emitter and a projector lens arrangement (most led units) will cast a really sharp shadow! 😳

Maybe best go for a light with a large opalescent bulb.

Depends what sort of campsite you’re on, I guess.

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

Decathlon have various options for not much money

I’ve used solar leds and they lit the tent but in the end still prefer the old semi-opaque plastic milk container filled with water with a headtorch strapped around it (light source pointing inwards towards the water giving a great ambient glow). And a few tealights in sturdy holders.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Decathlon have various options for not much money

They do little square ones as part of a ‘system’, with adapters for headbands and such. They’re ace.

Premier Icon Innes
    Subscriber

Glowe

Trinity

I havent used these, but I have a few of Alpkits headtorches and they are very good.

aphex_2k

Solar powered light

Got one of these. Great bit of kit. Light, and light. And solar powered. And for a good cause.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘LED light recommendations for inside a tent’ is closed to new replies.