Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Yr 6 school bike ride update
  • Tracey

Thanks for all the info last night, the pointing to web sites and the concerns. After a sleepless night and should I, shouldnt I, I couldnt bear to see kids disappointed faces this morning [the ride is the highlight of yr 6 after SATS] so the bikes were fettled this morning, with your input] in 5 mins.
    39 kids turned up to ride and 39 did [9 didnt ride as they couldnt ride a bike].
    We started in temps of 20 degs, on an array of bikes which included some BMXs, 20 miles later and 4.5 hours, every one finished. What an achievement for some kids who have never biked 100m away from home
    We had another 7 miles to go after that but it was all downhill apart from the uphills
    Thanks again guys your help made some kids day

Tracey

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice one Tracy.

cinnamon_girl

Well done Tracey for getting involved in this. It’s great to see kids feeling they have achieved something. One forgets how many parents don’t actually have any interests/hobbies and therefore their offspring don’t really see much of the outside world.

I used to enjoy helping out with my kids’ school – cross-country training (running) in all weathers. Probably wouldn’t be allowed to do that now with all this H & S nonsense 😉

Kids getting wet and muddy – oh no 😯

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Yr 6 school bike ride update’ is closed to new replies.