Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • youtube – is it crap at the moment?
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

can’t seem to get a decent quality through it at the moment. standard picture quality (not HD), and no change to my internet connection.

picture is continuously jerky – freezes every 5 seconds or so, and freezes for a couple of seconds at a time, while audio remains. seems like it’s not buffering properly.

happens on FB, STW and youtube.com

blumming nightmare – always seems to freeze just before a skier jumps of a cliff or something.

pausing it doesn’t seem to help, as the upload (grey bar at bottom) just stops 30 secs ahead of where you are.

👿

davidjones15
    Free Member

picture is continuously jerky – freezes every 5 seconds or so, and freezes for a couple of seconds at a time, while audio remains. seems like it’s not buffering properly.

I’ve had this for a while and put it down to having a cheapo laptop. 🙁

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

had my laptop for the past 18 months – only started doing this in the past month or so 🙁

vimeo is now a lot better than it was…

nedrapier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x0QlHZ_tfOw

just watched this in 1080HD. no hangups. New laptop, though! 10ish Mbps connection. Not noticed a problem, tbh. There was an issue on the download speeds hen I got this first, because there was a power save setting throttling the WiFi speed.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Try updating flash player.

thepurist

hungrymonkey – are you using firefox? I’ve noticed this lately too but it seems better on Chrome (unfortunately I don’t play well with Chrome). There’s a few tweaks in about:config that are being posted around the place but TBH it’s making me more productive so I won’t bother fixing it yet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

worked fine for me last night on a 2meg connection in the country

spooky_b329

Check the laptop isn’t overheating/clogged with dust (fan speeding up) My old one needed the back taking off every few months to clear the dust from the heatsink.

Try a different browser. Check there is nothing running in the background like a virus scanner.

flip
    Free Member

Rubbish lately, adverts on nearly every music video 😐

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘youtube – is it crap at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.