Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 316 total)
  • You're Fatist!
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just nipped round the local shop to get some milk and overheard this little exchange which made me chuckle

Man to boy – Look at the size of her, she needs to stop eating biscuits.

Woman he is talking about waddles over and says “You’re Fatist!”

Man “Look in the mirror sweetheart – you are definitely fattest”

Rest of the shop “Snigger, snort, open laughter”

Woman picks up her bags of crisps and waddles away.

I almost felt sorry for her.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Only ‘almost’ felt sorry for her? What would it have taken for you to actually feel some sympathy towards a lone woman being abused by strangers?

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Jimmy Carr, I believe?

gobuchul
    Free Member

That’s pretty nasty. Brave lot of people in that store and a good example to the young boy.

STW the place of left wing hand wringers, except if you are fat or slightly religious.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Maybe if we all tired a bit harder and abused all the fat people we see they’ll be motivated to lose some weight and make the nation a bit healthier. We could start a national ‘Abuse a Fatty’ day.

sandwicheater

I don’t know why I feel it’s OK to take the Michael out of fat people.

I know it’s wrong. The voices in my head just seem to go ‘ssshhhhhh, just see what happens and when we’re done here we’ll go drown some kittens’

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

We could start a national ‘Abuse a Fatty’ day.

Easter Sunday?

footflaps

except if you are fat or slightly religious.

What about fat religious people, can we doubly abuse them?

rene59
    Free Member

I abuse myself regularly.

martib

A sad sign of the times where people feel they can ‘abuse’ another human being.
    However society seems to like to pick and choose what groups are easy pickings fat, cyclists etc etc

binners

On the subject of people its ok to persecute, I saw a proper ginner wearing one of these sweatshirts last weekend

She wasn’t fat though

😆

warton
    Free Member

Jimmy Carr joke

tazzymtb

No need to abuse fatties, just the implementation of great landwhale hunting. As they slowly move down the high street, filter feeding on gregs pasties..shoot em with a harpoon and haul them into a transit for making into soup and ive heard the tubster bone corsets are the next big thing in ladies fashion. Through natural selection the faster, sleeker ones will escape and we’ll all become thinner and more bootiful to behold.

footflaps

shoot em with a harpoon and haul them into a transit for making into soup

Already a good business model:

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say I’m a fatist, though how people look after themselves is important to me in terms of earning respect on the other hand your body your life. However I would liken those parents who allow there Children to be overweight or obese and not do anything about it as outright neglect.

gogg
    Free Member

Ginners can get away with it if they’re female and foxy, I give you:
    Gillian Anderson

Karen Gillan

and a guilty pleasure from the 90’s
    Anne McKevitt

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Jimmy carr joke

I thought it was good for an come back thought of on the spot.

If Jimmy Carr does it as a joke it is acceptable but not if someone else does?

Gary_M
    Free Member

When did bullying and tormenting people become a fun pastime? Maybe the OP should have stood up for the woman instead of sniggering with the rest of the cowards.

You almost felt sorry for her? What a nasty person you appear to be.

gogg
    Free Member

As a joke, it’s a “story”, in reality it’s bullying of people with overactive glands/big bones/self-esteem isues/ no self control.

miketually
    Free Member

Ginners can get away with it if they’re female and foxy

All three of them will still smell of wee.

molgrips
    Free Member

I would liken those parents who allow there Children to be overweight or obese and not do anything about it as outright neglect.

Probably not neglect in most cases, just ignorance.

RustySpanner

fr0sty125 – Member

I wouldn’t say I’m a fatist, though how people look after themselves is important to me in terms of earning respect on the other hand your body your life.

I respect people based on who they are and what they do, rather than their size.
    Your way sounds much easier and quicker though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

This was a real world situation (possibly), very different to a comedian standing on stage. Surely you understand the difference?

RustySpanner

Gary_M – Member

This was a real world situation (possibly’, very different to a comedian standing on stage. Surely you understand the difference?

The bloke in the shop is being a dick in front of fewer people?

DezB
    Free Member

A sad sign of the times where people get all up in arms about what is clearly a JOKE and they are not the punchline.

MSP

The bloke in the shop only exists within the joke 🙄

I don’t like comedians who’s act is just a barrage of abuse at other people and groups, but I seem to recall that Jimmy Carr is just as likely to make himself the butt of one of his jokes as anyone else.

cinnamon_girl

Fatness is not always due to over-eating. Again, some nasty comments on here.

RustySpanner

Yep.
    Not like getting wound up over something serious, like oooh, music, say? 😀

MSP – Member

The bloke in the shop only exists within the joke

Yes, I know. 🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It’s not about the person making the remark it’s about the context in which the remark is made. When the comedian does it, the members of the audience are willing participants, when the woman popped out to the local shop she wasn’t expecting to be the butt of someone else’s joke.

Or does anyone really think that all Jimmy Carr’s (or any other comedians) stories are just a retelling of things that actually happened to him?

slowoldman

I think it is generally (and in the context of growing obesity within the first world) a surfeit of calorific intake. A simple energy equation really.

legend
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    A sad sign of the times where people get all up in arms about what is clearly a JOKE and they are not the punchline.

This is STW remember, the most easily offended corner of the intarweb.

Legend – skinny

lemonysam
    Free Member

I think it is generally (and in the context of growing obesity within the first world) a surfeit of calorific intake. A simple energy equation really.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Look at the size of her, she needs to stop eating biscuits.

Sounds to me like that bloke was trying to give the boy some sound advice… eat too many pies/biscuits and look like that.

See this is where its a PC world gone mad. You cant call fat people fat, indeed you cant even call them over weight or obesse these days.

The truth hurts ay…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9252311/Obesity-a-derogatory-word-says-Nice.html

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

All three of them will still smell of wee.

R-Kelly has a thing for gingers?

jfletch
    Free Member

Fatness is not almost always due to over-eating.

Fixed that for you.

DezB
    Free Member

when the woman popped out to the local shop she wasn’t expecting to be the butt of someone else’s joke.

Woman? What woman?

She.
    Doesn’t.
    Exist.

peteimpreza

“Fatness is not always due to over-eating.”

Please enlighten us.

footflaps

Please enlighten us

Osmosis.

You only have to be within 200 yards of Greggs and you start gaining weight…..

MSP

Please enlighten us.

Insulin response
    Genetics
    metabolism
    etc etc

DavidB
    Free Member

“Fatness is not always due to over-eating.”

Big bones?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 316 total)

The topic ‘You're Fatist!’ is closed to new replies.